• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Man, you guys are quiet
03-20-2020, 04:18 AM,
Man, you guys are quiet
Gentlemen

I must confess I am a bit surprised on the lack of discussion on this board.  It could be that we are all old and still remember how to communicate in ways other than with our thumbs.  Or perhaps it is because the rest of you are too busy playing to bitch about the game system.  Or I suppose, since I have been away for a considerable amount of time, that perhaps you have already bitched about the game system until you beat it bloody.  But, alas, I am sitting here, dreading going out into the world where I will have to think about Covid-19 and finding toilet paper for my mother-in-law.  I would love to think about something else.  I've finished my turns, anyone else want a game?  If there is no response, I may be forced to pick up a book.

Jeff
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2020, 07:46 AM,
RE: Man, you guys are quiet
Alas, there was no toilet paper to be found. I'm all for living in interesting times, but I hope China starts manufacturing toilet paper again soon.

I had a brief chat with a member here and he thought that part of the reason for the sound of silence in this forum is the lack of new material. If the team were to start working on a new title, what would people like to see? I have very little clout with the powers that be (maybe none), but I am curious. I have been fantasizing about getting back into game design as I have a little time now that baseball season is suspended. But then real life has a propensity to intrude into my leisure time, so I make no promises.

Jeff
03-20-2020, 08:46 AM,
Hey Jeff,

Welcome back.  Glad to see you are still around.

Yes, things are very quiet on the boards however, that doesn't mean that there is no PBEM games going on.

A lot of the time, the old-heads will email one of their long standing opponents for a game instead of publicly advertising.

Yes, you are right that nothing can fire up a forum board like a new game title being released.

As for PzB series scale wish list, I would love to see Korean War and Vietnam era titles.

Chad
03-20-2020, 01:17 PM,
Post WW2, U.S. and France in Vietnam, Middle East and WW2 the rest of North Africa to include Tunisia and Market-Garden. I think Market-Garden would also make for good campaigns not only for the separate Airborne Divisions, but an overall campaign scenario.
03-20-2020, 03:28 PM,
Jeff,

You did see this thread didn’t you??

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=72948

Covers off some of the current PzB work. Mike A just sent me some map work for another title as well...

David