• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TFE4 Vanished Scenarios Project
02-22-2020, 02:05 AM,
TFE4 Vanished Scenarios Project
Folks,

As many of you may or may not know, I am the curator of the Task Force Echo 4 site.  I've been in semi-retirement from the SB world for a few years now, but every so often I get the itch to get back into things.  I was recently asked about a dead map file on Korean War, and it got me thinking about the dead scenario files on TFE4.  When the Wargamer FTP site vanished, it took a good number of the scenarios on the site with it.  I did move a considerable number over to my personal Box account, but not all.  That said, I think I might be able to manually find the files within my games and place them into folders.

Here is where you come in.  I'd love for folks who have previously downloaded those custom scenarios, to volunteer to help me out.  It would take you going to the site, seeing which links are broken, then go in to your game folder, find the .map, .oob and .scn files for those games and zip them into a folder and send them to me to put back up on the site.

A collective effort would be a lot easier than me slogging through this in my thin free time, and it would be giving back to the community, as tiny as we are getting.  

Let me know if you're up to it.  Fire me an EMAIL and let me know which game and scenarios you can take.  I'll do the rest...

Thanks, folks.  I'm going to try to be more active around here this year.  Maybe I'll even let one of you kick my ass in a PBEM.  I'm so rusty it isn't even funny!

Alan
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2020, 11:32 PM,
RE: TFE4 Vanished Scenarios Project
Thanks for your efforts Alan...hope some guys can dig up some content to help out.
Quote this message in a reply