• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM question
02-24-2020, 06:00 AM,
RE: PBEM question
(02-24-2020, 02:11 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: I will move the map left, right up or down and lets say get ready to plot artillery or move a unit.  Anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds later the map will shift in the direction I was last moving the map by 2 to 5 hexes.  This cause my moved unit and plotted artillery to land or move nowhere where I had intended.

My only work around is to play on the 3d extended map to minimize having to move the map or wait 10 seconds every time I shift the map to see where it wail shift to.

I have had this problem since I upgraded to windows 10.

I have JTCSME version 2.02 2014 update.   I have smooth scroll on.

Erik,

Do you know how much RAM your system has and whether or not you have a separate graphics (video) card?

The problem you describe sounds like something on your system is running in the background and hogging the memory or taxing your CPU. You could try hitting the control-alt-delete keys at the same time, which will bring up a blue screen with some menu options. Click on "Task Manager". The next window will give you a rundown on what apps you have running and what background processes are running. You can also sort by CPU use, Memory use, etc by clicking on the column row headers. You can close any app/process by right-clicking it or by highlighting it and choosing "end task" at the lower right. Stopping any integral task won't be the end of the world, at worst it will just freeze your system and you'll need to do a hard reboot. Nonetheless, if it says windows in the description, it most likely need to be running. End anything running that you see hogging memory and CPU and see if it helps. Some might start running again on their own. Others you'll need to open the associated program again or just reboot.

BTW, the task manager will also give you a rundown on various  aspects of your system by clicking on the tabs at the very top of the window. You can control what apps launch at startup, turn on/off/restart various services and see how the CPU is running among other things.

If you have a graphics card, see if there's an updated driver for it and, if so, run the update.

Does it always happen? If not, just sometimes, look to see if you're virus/malware protection is running a scan.

Lastly, if it were me I'd try to reinstall the game. Rarely works, but if all else has failed...

Good luck,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2020, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2020, 06:14 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: PBEM question
Hi Dave,

CPU use is 18 to 22% and Memory use is at 54%.  This was not an issue until I upgraded to windows 10. 

No other game or application has this issues.   Only CS. Yes it happens all the time. The bigger the scenario map the worse it is.

Tweaked the graphics to run in high performance with CS. I will see if that helps.

Erik
Quote this message in a reply