• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cannons explained.
02-16-2020, 08:21 AM,
Cannons explained.
I am now getting more involved in Black powder and I have tried find out on the John tiller site and in the program files and I cant find the info.
So what does the lettering on the cannon info mean, Pr/Sx 6Lbs. I know the  6Lbs is the weight of ball that is being fired, but the lettering preceding that I don't know.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2020, 10:31 AM,
RE: Cannons explained.
(02-16-2020, 08:21 AM)Oldbones Wrote: I am now getting more involved in Black powder and I have tried find out on the John tiller site and in the program files and I cant find the info.
So what does the lettering on the cannon info mean, Pr/Sx 6Lbs. I know the  6Lbs is the weight of ball that is being fired, but the lettering preceding that I don't know.

It is the nationality-in this case maybe Prussian/Saxon?
02-16-2020, 11:24 AM,
RE: Cannons explained.
(02-16-2020, 10:31 AM)fastphil Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 08:21 AM)Oldbones Wrote: I am now getting more involved in Black powder and I have tried find out on the John tiller site and in the program files and I cant find the info.

It is the nationality-in this case maybe Prussian/Saxon?

I imagine Phil is more or less correct. You wont find that on the Tiller site, largely because it is just a text field that the scenario designer can enter whatever they want in the OOB file to have it show up as the name of whatever unit that you're looking at at any given time.

In some cases you can see where the scenario designer ignored the character limit and the name basically gets truncated.

It is a reminder for good scenario design, that it is helpful for users to include some sort of glossary ... especially when using abbreviations across the board as happens in some cases.
Send this user an email