• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Patch 4.1.0.40
02-14-2020, 12:54 PM,
New Patch 4.1.0.40
Gents,

There's a new patch, 4.1.0.40, complete with a "what's new" file, and a new manual.

To get the game to run, you have to first install 4.1.0.20, from 11-15-17; then, the latest patch, 4.1.0.40, from 11-21-19.  Some had installed an “unofficial-beta” patch, 4.1.0.23.  I had tried to install 4.1.0.40 over that, and it just didn’t work.  You have to do the 4.1.0.20 first, then 4.1.0.40.  Both are available on Matrix.

A way to tell if you have the latest, is that a new scenario has been added:  Chickamauga 1863.  If you don’t have it, you’re not patched up.

Another way, is that when you run the game, on the first screen (“installer” screen) there’s a button, “check for update”.  Click that, and it’ll tell you if you’re current.

It’s a bit of a challenge keeping this game running, but it’s worth it!  There are some new options I don’t understand, but with the "what's new" and the new manual, we can read up.

Remember also that the game saves moves in a hidden place, not your normal Matrix game directory.  It’s in your documents folder, under “my games”, “TOAW IV”, “saves”.  The game directory is under “programs X86”, Matrix, etc.  Good gaming!

Quote this message in a reply