• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serial Numbers
02-15-2020, 11:18 AM,
RE: Serial Numbers
External hard drives are big and the prices have come down so the best thing to do is every so often back up like a mad man, anything you might want to keep (I simply make a folder with the month and year and just copy away). This includes pictures, game folders with stuff I might have modded, password manager files, website bookmarks, etc etc). Also thumb drives have come down in price quite a bit and you can store so much on one and they take up so little room.

Doing this I might recopy a few files over and over, but again for the most part who cares, by organizing what month and year you can find the "freshest" version of what you might have been working on in the past.

Most importantly, back up to at least 2 or 3 different devices. Then take the drives and put them in different physical locations, perhaps buy a fire resistant safe or place one of the drives into a security box at the bank, or at another family members house.

After awhile you will learn what to back up and it will save you so much lost work, photos etc if something catastrophic might happen in the future.

I have years and years of work that I've backed up like this, and the couple hundred dollars I've spent to do it is certainly worth losing such items forever.

just my humble opinion.
Quote this message in a reply