• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The One and Only...
02-04-2020, 11:23 PM,
RE: The One and Only...
(02-04-2020, 09:53 AM)FLG Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 08:34 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: A bit of a hypothetical question here:

If you could play only one title from the Panzer Campaigns Series until the rest of your life, which one would it be and why? Helmet Rolleyes

I play DF85 almost exclusively now, though I have played many games. If it had to be a PzC I love M41.

Another vote for DF85!
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2020, 11:43 PM,
Similar to Lays Potato Chips, where you can't eat just one, PzCs, where you can't play just one. :)
02-05-2020, 07:32 AM,
(01-30-2020, 08:34 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: A bit of a hypothetical question here:

If you could play only one title from the Panzer Campaigns Series until the rest of your life, which one would it be and why? Helmet Rolleyes

I play DF85 almost exclusively now, though I have played many games. If it had to be a PzC I love M41.

DF85 seems to be the most popular title in the Modern Campaigns Series.

Is there a specific reason for that?
02-05-2020, 11:50 PM,
(02-05-2020, 07:32 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote:

DF85 seems to be the most popular title in the Modern Campaigns Series.

Is there a specific reason for that?

Last I remember, you could play Bolt out of the Blue, which covers the entire front.  You couldn't do that with Fulda Gap or North German Plains.  It has been awhile, at least 3 1/2 years since my stroke.  But, that is the last I remember.  If anything different, somebody more recent will weigh in.
02-07-2020, 09:07 PM,
The reason PzC and MC casmpaign are so popular is that you can play so many different theatres without learning new rules every time, you can jump fron the frozen steppes to the hot sand with a few clicks :-)
I really can't decide which is my favourite
If at gun point I must decide to have only one I would say Tobruk '41 for the Italians
02-07-2020, 10:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 10:41 PM by Kool Kat.)
(02-07-2020, 09:07 PM)Andrea G Wrote: The reason PzC and MC campaign are so popular is that you can play so many different theaters without learning new rules every time, you can jump from the frozen steppes to the hot sand with a few clicks :-)
I really can't decide which is my favorite
If at gun point I must decide to have only one I would say Tobruk '41 for the Italians

Gent:  Smoke7

While the PzC Series share the same mechanics making it easy to move from different titles without learning new rules, the MC Series are a different "beast." Yes, some of the MC game mechanics are shared with the PzC Series, but the MC Series have many additional rules to reflect modern combat - helos, tactical nukes, chemical ordnance, amphibious units, etc. The MC Series also plays much differently than the PzC Series!

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=70525

Your PzC tactics will fail miserably in the MC battlefields!   Shocked
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-08-2020, 12:04 AM,
(02-07-2020, 10:37 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 09:07 PM)Andrea G Wrote: The reason PzC and MC campaign are so popular is that you can play so many different theaters without learning new rules every time, you can jump from the frozen steppes to the hot sand with a few clicks :-)

While the PzC Series share the same mechanics making it easy to move from different titles without learning new rules, the MC Series are a different "beast." Yes, some of the MC game mechanics are shared with the PzC Series, but the MC Series have many additional rules to reflect modern combat - helos, tactical nukes, chemical ordnance, amphibious units, etc. The MC Series also plays much differently than the PzC Series!

Yes and no.  You can agree before starting to fight a conventional war.  No nukes and chems, but, you will have to get used to helicopters, amphibious units crossing rivers without bridges and a two hex range for most of the more modern tanks.  Artillery can also fire mines into a hex.  Most of the rest is similar to PzCs more or less.  If you have everything possible, you can have a really messed up map if you both use up your nukes and chems. Big Grin
02-08-2020, 11:44 PM,
(02-07-2020, 10:37 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:

I agree that the PzC and MC works differently, but between games of the same serie the adjustment are minimal and even inside PzC titles there are differences between early-war and late-war games.
02-10-2020, 01:46 AM,
Same with the WW1 titles, look similar to PzC/MC and many rules/mechanics are the same, but use PzC tactics and you will receive a very bloody nose!  Big Grin