• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korea 85 Campaign
01-09-2020, 05:37 AM,
Opponent Wanted  Korea 85 Campaign
Hi looking for some one to play: 0615_01 Frontier of Freedom_Alt with me as NKPA. I need to play standard K85 not Gold version since i lost most of my old HPS CD's :) and i can't get the Gold version. 

I can do 3 - 4 turns a week sometimes more. 
Im open for rules selection since i haven't played the game for some time ;)
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2020, 04:39 AM,
RE: Korea 85 Campaign
Any takers?? :)
02-12-2020, 04:48 AM,
I would but only have the gold
02-14-2020, 11:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2020, 02:31 AM by Kool Kat.)
(01-09-2020, 05:37 AM)Przemcio371 Wrote: Hi looking for some one to play: 0615_01 Frontier of Freedom_Alt with me as NKPA. I need to play standard K85 not Gold version since i lost most of my old HPS CD's :) and i can't get the Gold version. 

I can do 3 - 4 turns a week sometimes more. 
Im open for rules selection since i haven't played the game for some time ;)

Gent:  Smoke7

Why can't you get the Gold version? Idea2

(1.) Contact JTS Support and correspond with Rich. He is very helpful in these matters.

or

(2.) Purchase and download the Gold version. Takes less then 5 minutes to pay, download and install on a decent PC rig and Internet connection. 

Note - It will be difficult to get opponents to play "vanilla" Korea'85. Free Gold version upgrades were offered to existing game owners a while ago...    Big Grin

Suggestion - Since you have not "played the game for some time," jumping full bore into a 180-turn Campaign scenario that may take up to a year to complete is NOT the way to get back into playing!  Yikes  

Why not pick a small or medium sized scenario to get back into PBeM? Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-17-2020, 05:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 05:43 AM by Przemcio371.)
Well the problem with getting Gold version is that my original CD got lost somewhere during the years last time i found Danube Front'85 in my moms basement :) so maybe rest of those CD's are still somewhere there :) but since its a mess and my time is limited i don't have time to throw out everything out of there the earliest i can look for it is probably spring unless it got dumped to the trash :)

I only have the old version of hps games on my hard drive because when i threw out my old PC i attached the old HDD to the new one :)

180 turns??? :) bah try to play WITP AE from 1941 to 1945 Big Grin thats more turns :)
02-17-2020, 06:41 AM,
(02-17-2020, 05:38 AM)Przemcio371 Wrote: Well the problem with getting Gold version is that my original CD got lost somewhere during the years last time i found Danube Front'85 in my moms basement :) so maybe rest of those CD's are still somewhere there :) but since its a mess and my time is limited i don't have time to throw out everything out of there the earliest i can look for it is probably spring unless it got dumped to the trash :)

I only have the old version of hps games on my hard drive because when i threw out my old PC i attached the old HDD to the new one :)

180 turns??? :) bah try to play WITP AE from 1941 to 1945 Big Grin thats more turns :)

Gent:  Smoke7

Maybe forget about trying to find your lost CD and just purchase Korean '85? Idea2 All MC games have been upgraded to Gold.  Whistle 

My experience with new players at the Blitz who have no recorded matches and admit to not having played a specific game for a while... have limited time... and want to launch straight into a campaign scenario... they never go the distance and end up either quitting the game after a few turn exchanges or disappearing all together.

Maybe you are the exception to the rule? Idea2 

In any case, seems your best course of action is to purchase Korea '85 so you can get playing.  Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-17-2020, 08:14 AM,
(02-17-2020, 05:38 AM)Przemcio371 Wrote: Well the problem with getting Gold version is that my original CD got lost somewhere during the years last time i found Danube Front'85 in my moms basement :) so maybe rest of those CD's are still somewhere there :) but since its a mess and my time is limited i don't have time to throw out everything out of there the earliest i can look for it is probably spring unless it got dumped to the trash :)

If you bought the original game from HPS there should be a record of it and Rich at JTS Support will issue you a serial number so you can upgrade the game.