• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Civil War Battles 3D Maps
01-05-2020, 04:24 PM,
Civil War Battles 3D Maps
Quick question,

I noticed that there are files you can download from the JTS site under the 3D maps section. Don't the ACW games already have these? Are they new maps that replace what's already there, or are they just to look at/study?
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2020, 12:01 PM,
RE: Civil War Battles 3D Maps
(01-05-2020, 04:24 PM)pokeytrev Wrote: Quick question,

I noticed that there are files you can download from the JTS site under the 3D maps section. Don't the ACW games already have these? Are they new maps that replace what's already there, or are they just to look at/study?

They were to big to include in the install program, so you need to download them to use in the game. I recently purchased Gettysburg and had to download and install.

From the Tiller site
Note: These map files should be extracted to the \Maps sub-folder under the appropriate game.

Note: For any game not linked below, all 3D maps are included in the update above.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
01-10-2020, 11:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:36 AM by pokeytrev.)
Thanks, but do you know what they are or what they replace? I installed them and don't see anything different. Granted I only played one or two scenarios, so I probably don't know what to look for.
01-14-2020, 12:58 PM,
First, they are usually part of the 3.0 or later installers. So if you patched it to 3.0 they may or may not have been installed depending on whether they are part of the 3.0 patch or not.
What you can test is, open the Settings menu and select the option "Hand-Drawn 3D Maps", that should bring such a map up for the current scenario, if nothing happens they need to be installed.
01-14-2020, 03:27 PM,
The exception are those from Shenandoah, if you look closely the link is called Campaign Shenandoah Hi-res 3D maps, and Hi-Res they are. Those maps are about 3 times bigger then those that come with the 3.0 installer.
01-17-2020, 01:59 PM,
(01-14-2020, 12:58 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: First, they are usually part of the 3.0 or later installers. So if you patched it to 3.0 they may or may not have been installed depending on whether they are part of the 3.0 patch or not.
What you can test is, open the Settings menu and select the option "Hand-Drawn 3D Maps", that should bring such a map up for the current scenario, if nothing happens they need to be installed.

Thanks so much! The Hand-Drawn 3D Maps option in the menu quickly allowed me to see the difference in maps. These newer 3D maps look much different.