• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
02-24-2020, 02:00 AM,
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
I agree with those who state the Allies have an advantage.  

In fact they have a big advantage in this one.  The Germans AT capability gets wiped out in a couple of turns and then they are helpless.

It does benefit from EA. 

The ultimate thing that makes this scenario awful for tournament play is the variable German reinforcements.  In my current game every single reinforcement was delayed 2 to 4 turns.  In a 12 turn scenario that means I am f**ked.

I am most likely going to lose my match due to random reinforcements. 

It should be about the skill of the two players, not random luck. 

It just is not the same scenario that everyone is playing.  Germans arrive on time they have a chance.

Germans arrive late and they have no shot.

That is a most unfair way to lose a tournament scenario.

I agree with Oberst this scenario should be played mirrored.

Also just because the outcomes of a scenario seem to show balance it does not make it so.  You have to see who played who and you need to look at things like random reinforcements.

If I played every scenario in the database 10 times each as the Allies against Oberst and 10 times as the Allies against Tiger 88 the results would show that all scenarios are imbalanced in favor of the Axis.

That is not accurate.   The results are actual imbalanced because Tiger 88 and Oberst are better players than I am.

Now I was not expecting to win the tournament, but was not expecting to get bounced due things outside of my control either.

Rant over, enjoy the rest of your day.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament - by Hawk Kriegsman - 02-24-2020, 02:00 AM