• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponents wanted CMFI
12-04-2019, 06:47 AM,
RE: Opponents wanted CMFI
(12-04-2019, 06:22 AM)naughtkris Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 04:48 AM)Jobu88 Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 04:26 AM)naughtkris Wrote: [quote pid='433290' dateline='1575377278']
I sent you a file to the dropbox, but I forgot to ask who you want to play.
I have you set on German Army on a Meeting Engagement (ME);
But it occurred to me you might have wanted to play Italians or Luwft.
If this is the case, please reject the file and I'll send you a new one.
Or, accept the file as is, and then tell me who you really want to play, and I'll send you another, and we'll have two games on the go to see who is the real Chris (they're can't be two, one must be an imposter!)

OK   done !!

So I tried to process the 002 turn you sent back to me, but the game doesn't see the file.
My first instinct is to ask if you have Patched up to V2.02 (Game Engine 4), and have Gustav Line installed.

Hmmm I have the brand new just-released bundle with all the modules.  I see    Version 2.10   game engine 4  on my start screen

Ok, so I'm an idiot two times over (three if you counter the first time).

(1) It was me who for some reason didin't have an updated version of CMFI. I am now updated (I hope it doesn't mess up the Right Hook match I'm in)
(2) I just realized that I left it on the default "infantry only". This was not my intent. While yes, I'm a primarly infantry kind of guy, it was not my intent to limit you (or myself).
(3) The original idiot action, I never asked you what Axis faction you wanted to play.

The option is yours Sir; We can restart from scratch with the correct options, or we can continue as is (or, we can do both at the same time).

My apologies

-The Real Chris
[/quote]

If you can load file 002 now then let's just continue
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2019, 07:25 AM,
(12-04-2019, 06:47 AM)Jobu88 Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 04:26 AM)naughtkris Wrote: [quote pid='433290' dateline='1575377278']
Or, accept the file as is, and then tell me who you really want to play, and I'll send you another, and we'll have two games on the go to see who is the real Chris (they're can't be two, one must be an imposter!)

OK   done !!

So I tried to process the 002 turn you sent back to me, but the game doesn't see the file.
My first instinct is to ask if you have Patched up to V2.02 (Game Engine 4), and have Gustav Line installed.

Hmmm I have the brand new just-released bundle with all the modules.  I see    Version 2.10   game engine 4  on my start screen

(1) It was me who for some reason didin't have an updated version of CMFI. I am now updated (I hope it doesn't mess up the Right Hook match I'm in)
(2) I just realized that I left it on the default "infantry only". This was not my intent. While yes, I'm a primarly infantry kind of guy, it was not my intent to limit you (or myself).
(3) The original idiot action, I never asked you what Axis faction you wanted to play.

The option is yours Sir; We can restart from scratch with the correct options, or we can continue as is (or, we can do both at the same time).

My apologies

-The Real Chris

Very well. Doing the turn tonight (or sooner)
But i reserve the right to a rematch

-The Real Chris

[/quote]
12-04-2019, 03:13 PM,

OK   done !!

My apologies

-The Real Chris

[/quote]

I'm very confused.
[Image: confused.png]

So we have it set (yes, by accident) to "Infantry Only" for both sides.

I understand trucks and Kubuls, but how do you have 75mm Gun HTs and Panzer IVs?
Is there something with CMFI that I just don't understand?
I went into this battle expecting infantry. I do say, you have an upper hand.
12-05-2019, 01:09 AM,
(12-04-2019, 03:13 PM)naughtkris Wrote:

OK   done !!

My apologies

-The Real Chris

I'm very confused.

I understand trucks and Kubuls, but how do you have 75mm Gun HTs and Panzer IVs?
[/quote]

When purchasing I had all the formation options available --  Infantry, Armor, Fortification, etc.     The only thing I can think of is perhaps you set only the Allied side to Infantry Only and left the Axis side Mixed  ?

No worries, we can start over if you like.     There's a 3-battle campaign I was going to suggest in which the Canadians attack and try to capture an airfield.

12-05-2019, 02:02 AM,
(12-05-2019, 01:09 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: I'm very confused.

When purchasing I had all the formation options available --  Infantry, Armor, Fortification, etc.     The only thing I can think of is perhaps you set only the Allied side to Infantry Only and left the Axis side Mixed  ?

No worries, we can start over if you like.     There's a 3-battle campaign I was going to suggest in which the Canadians attack and try to capture an airfield.
[/quote]

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting anything about you, my concern is the discovery of a very large bug.
I'm willing to fight the battle, I never run from a fight. But as the screen capture shows, we are both set to Infantry Only.
12-05-2019, 04:24 AM,
Yeah that screen shot clearly says both sides were set to Infantry Only. Do both of you see the same in your QB briefing screen?
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
12-05-2019, 12:59 PM,
(12-05-2019, 04:24 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Yeah that screen shot clearly says both sides were set to Infantry Only. Do both of you see the same in your QB briefing screen?

I do indeed see "Infantry Only" when I open a turn file and call up the briefing.  But I was able to access the Armor formation  purchase list when buying units.

However -- I recall we started the game with different versions, I was at 2.10 and you were at 2.02 or 2.04,  perhaps that's the source of the bug?

Anyway -- let's start over.   Same parameters, or if you like the 3-battle campaign "Rimini Airfield" which is the Candians and some Greeks against the Germans.

12-06-2019, 02:35 AM,
Very strange. I hope that the version change was the issue. Report back if you see this again...
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
12-06-2019, 02:40 AM,
(12-06-2019, 02:35 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Very strange. I hope that the version change was the issue. Report back if you see this again...

I ran a quick test using 2-player e-mail option and "Infantry only" setting worked properly.   So I think it just about had to be the different game versions.

12-07-2019, 05:48 AM,
(12-06-2019, 02:40 AM)Jobu88 Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 02:35 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Very strange. I hope that the version change was the issue. Report back if you see this again...

I ran a quick test using 2-player e-mail option and "Infantry only" setting worked properly.   So I think it just about had to be the different game versions.

For those of you watching and cheering/jeering from the sidelines, yes, we have restarted the match over (same map, etc).
Now my only question is, how is he getting so many Abrams tanks and manpad Javalins for the point cost??? (I assume he's using the Time Portal Division from his OOB, so that checks out) Wink 

But I do expect him to win. I'm going to have to do some checking on the CDN options for troops, and see if its a month/year thing that is restricting them.

-The Real Chris (Aka Naught)