• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides?
11-25-2019, 08:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 08:51 PM by Mowgli.)
RE: How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides?
I think that the most important thing any new PzCmp player needs to understand is "zones of control" and how to build a proper line. Isolation is the key mechanic in the game (isolation + low ammo = -2 morale, -0.5 fire power, -0.5/0.75 in assault; movement locked), so you need to understand how to prevent it in order to have any chance against a human opponent at all. If you can't build a line, you usually have to fall back.

Understand that any curve/bulge in your line is bad as it increases the number of units you need to keep up a cohesive front.

Of course bottlenecks (/major rivers) are very valuable here. The shorter the front you need to cover with your line, the fewer of your units are bound by the defense.

Me and a few friends of mine are currently discovering the PzCmp series. I've made a small basic guide on control zones. It's in german, but maybe it's interesting for you nevertheless:

Kontrollzonen_Miniguide.pdf

Here is a little test from one of my PBEMs against larsonney. Can you spot the two zoc-related mistakes by the soviet player (brownish units)?
[note that there is a pretty strong fighting unit underneath the soviet headquarter in the south (dark grey unit box)]
[Image: 2019-10-31_21h58_07.png]
Solution:
[Image: 2019-10-31_22h04_55.png]
These are major mistakes that can easily cost you the whole game.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides? - by Mowgli - 11-25-2019, 08:19 PM