• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides?
11-24-2019, 08:31 PM,
RE: How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides?
I don't think you can enjoy these games if you don't know what going on with the game engine, so my advice is to read the rules and before asking questions play the smaller scenarios to see which features make sense and which don't, you can then post questions on the forum.

After a couple of games read the rules again as it is amazing what you forget, as a neebie you obviously will be easy to beat but as your understanding of the system grows you will become a more skilled opponent.

Unfortunately some of the understanding of the system will be derived from just playing and getting a "feel" for which tactics work and which do not, there is no short cut here every time you think you know everything you will find there is another level to take your knowledge to, but for me the learning process was all part of the fun as I was always curious as to how things worked and just kept asking the experienced guys to explain what I didn't understand. 

The only thing no one can help with is not being the type of player who doesn't learn from his mistakes, I have seen this quite a bit over the years and never quite understood why the "penny never dropped" that if what you are doing is not effective try something else, if you are playing an experienced opponent you can learn quite a bit from watching their replays or if you are playing a mirrored game seeing how they handled the same forces you had in a totally different way.

Once the system gets you hooked you just want to keep on playing...…...  Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Start Playing PzC Games Properly? Any newbie guides? - by Mr Grumpy - 11-24-2019, 08:31 PM