• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WDS 2019 End of Year Update - Part Two
11-23-2019, 07:26 PM,
RE: WDS 2019 End of Year Update - Part Two
I think the battles in the Zeeland and Noord-Brabant provinces will be interesting, and I also compliment the designers on picking a somewhat "unknown" (which tends to equal commercially risky) subject.

The operations that would clear both banks of the Scheldt to open the port of Antwerp to Allied shipping have also been covered in board wargaming recently, so there might be an increasing interest.

Previously, the battle was studied by Commonwealth military historians, but less so by other Western historians.

In terms of units, it looks like it will rank amongst the titles with the lowest unit totals. Even less than some PzC titles covering North Africa.

I do wonder if the mediocre to low overall German unit quality won't be an issue. Even though Commonwealth infantry is less effective than US infantry in terms of SA values, artillery is plentiful.

Historically, the Canadians were experiencing severe manpower shortages due to their reliance on volunteers. With low (or even no?) Canadian replacements, the more-violent-than-the-real-war PzC casualty levels could be an issue.

I'm looking forward to playing Scheldt '44! If testing needs to be done, I'd be more than willing to help.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WDS 2019 End of Year Update - Part Two - by ComradeP - 11-23-2019, 07:26 PM