• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WargameDesignStudio - 2019 End of Year Update
11-18-2019, 02:38 AM,
RE: WargameDesignStudio - 2019 End of Year Update
(11-18-2019, 12:11 AM)Xaver Wrote: Well, in my case i am more into the war after 2-3 weeks when 2nd-3rd line units and NATO minors enter in combat, here you can play a lot with what NATO nations send soldiers to battlefield and the performance of soviet non frontline units.

I think this could be a new title focus and you can have same scen with a lot of variants based in who and how is ready to fight.

For the new titles... any idea when the 2nd post is going to be avaliable? is sad but with holidays coming i have less time for me... i feel that working i can do more wargaming things hahahaha.

I agree. For the NATO-WP games at least, it would be fun to have more "war in progress" scenarios, and like I said earlier a few mobilization and build up to outbreak of fighting ones. We take what we can get though.

CptCav (Mark Breed) did one along those lines called "Better Dead Than Red" (?) for NGP '85 that involved mobilization, and it's very good. I think it's still available here at the Blitz, but I might be wrong.

For myself, I've spent 5-6 years or so researching and constructing a mid/late 1970s OOB that now has three variants (Super Detailed, Simple Detail, and Limited Scope) and two campaign scenario templates for them. Nothing was ever finished, but I still have everything in a separate DF '85 install. I dust them off now and then, tinker a little and that's about it. They never were completed because I'm honestly, a pretty bad scenario designer. OOB's I can do all day with no problem, but scenarios are another story. Also, I've realized that the mid/late 1970's most likely would not be very popular because all of the "sexy" equipment like M1s, Bradley's, and Leo 2's are not present. I just don't have the heart to discard anything because of all the research that was involved. At the least, it was a good academic exercise.

Anyway, it looks like the Modern Series will at least be getting a much needed graphics update, along with bundling of some popular user scenarios. That's a good thing overall.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WargameDesignStudio - 2019 End of Year Update - by 2-81 Armor - 11-18-2019, 02:38 AM