• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New JTS SB Whole Series Updates!
10-22-2019, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 02:22 AM by Compass Rose.)
b_Exclamation Mark  New JTS SB Whole Series Updates!
JTS just released their very much anticipated next round of Squad Battle updates that includes Ed's (Richie61) "Top Down" art mods and for the first time ever, the Map Editor!  Confetti

These updates can be found over the the JTS Squad Battles Update Section which is located here:

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html

Thanks JTS!

Winner
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2019, 03:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 03:24 AM by Embis.)
RE: New JTS SB Whole Series Updates!
It has to be said that the new graphics look just stunning.. no other word for it. Well done and thanks to all those involved in enhancing this great game series. 

And of course especially to Ed "Ritchie61" Pacito  whose work features so prominently in all the games!

Magnificent bit of work chaps.
Fireworks
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
10-22-2019, 04:45 AM,
Are these comparable to the "Gold Standard" in PzC? Is the "legacy" program compatible with the updates, so a player with the legacy can pbem someone with the updates?

Thanks,
Mike
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
10-22-2019, 11:40 AM,
I installed the update for RV, and now it asks for a serial number when i try to start the game. I have the HPS version[only version currently i believe] and found my purchase email, no serial number. So how do i correct this? Don't think i ever had a serial number.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
10-22-2019, 12:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 12:14 PM by gabeeg.)
(10-22-2019, 11:40 AM)budd Wrote: I installed the update for RV, and now it asks for a serial number when i try to start the game. I have the HPS version[only version currently i believe] and found my purchase email, no serial number. So how do i correct this? Don't think i ever had a serial number.

Budd contact John Tiller support, they (Rich) will hook you up.  send him your receipto or proof of purchase or scan of your CD cover, etc. and they will get you a JTS license.

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Support.php
10-22-2019, 12:27 PM,
Good advice, i just submitted my ticket with my HPS order number, thank you.

I didn't know they were switching over the Squad Battles games yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
10-22-2019, 04:01 PM,
(10-22-2019, 04:45 AM)MikeC Wrote: Are these comparable to the "Gold Standard" in PzC? Is the "legacy" program compatible with the updates, so a player with the legacy can pbem someone with the updates?

Thanks,
Mike

As far as i can see you would probably get away with playing a legacy version against a new update, I dont think the game engine was changed, but you would be missing out on the new graphics, the new scenarios and the map editor. So when JTS make it so very easy to obtain the latest update...why wouldn't you update? Big Grin

As a previous poster mentioned, a photograph of the CD case or copy of an order email (either JTS or HPS) and you will get a link to a new download and a serial number pretty promptly from Rich
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
11-15-2019, 11:31 PM,
(10-22-2019, 04:01 PM)Embis Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 04:45 AM)MikeC Wrote: Are these comparable to the "Gold Standard" in PzC? Is the "legacy" program compatible with the updates, so a player with the legacy can pbem someone with the updates?

Thanks,
Mike

As far as i can see you would probably get away with playing a legacy version against a new update, I dont think the game engine was changed, but you would be missing out on the new graphics, the new scenarios and the map editor. So when JTS make it so very easy to obtain the latest update...why wouldn't you update? Big Grin

As a previous poster mentioned, a photograph of the CD case or copy of an order email (either JTS or HPS) and you will get a link to a new download and a serial number pretty promptly from Rich

Is there a way you can revert the unit graphics back to the original SB unit graphics ?  Just curious ..

Thanks
Travis
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." Dwight D. Eisenhower
11-16-2019, 07:08 PM,
Look here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=72928

There should also be an explanation in the change notes included in the update files.