• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Noob LoS question (technical)
10-05-2019, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2019, 08:36 PM by grognardgames.)
Help  Noob LoS question (technical)
Hi all, sorry to bother with such a noob question.  

My question is specifically why when I use the visible hexes command when I have a unit selected, I can BARELY tell what is highlighted.  I can see the map change ever so slightly like it wants to show me but just teases me.  I am wondering if it is a resolution thing?  I have a nice newer rig and my resolution is 2560x1440.  Not sure what is happening here.  Probably something really simple I hope.  Hopefully, someone will have an answer.  Thanks in advance!

This is what I want it to look like but I get virtually nothing when I use it:

.jpg   line-of-sight.jpg (Size: 404.13 KB / Downloads: 12)

Edit:  So I messed with my resolution settings and fixed this problem.  I had to drop the resolution down in order to see the LoS in game.  The weird thing?  If I have the resolution maxed out, I cannot see the LoS, BUT when I take screenshots of this and save them, the LoS shows up in the screenshot.  I guess that makes sense?  I dunno, not a computer expert, haha.  Anyway, I'm off to cause chaos somewhere on the eastern front!  Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2019, 04:24 AM,
RE: Noob LoS question (technical)
How about posting a image of what your LOS is looking like so we can see what you are seeing?
10-05-2019, 06:35 PM,
Is it as straightforward as changing the contrast settings on your monitor?

You could always email Rich at [email protected] he will respond quickly to you and if anyone can resolve this for you it would be him.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
10-05-2019, 08:37 PM,
Thanks for the replies. Yes I edited my post and you are correct! I messed with the resolution and bingo! Thanks!