• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
10-04-2019, 09:20 AM,
Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and I have to say it is awesome. Anyway, I just picked up my first Tiller game today--Red Victory-- and am looking for someone to play with (amongst other games). I am new to the Tiller games so it would be nice to find someone in the same boat as me and just experiment with the games and figure out how to run it properly, and run some games. I am not opposed to finding a vet and getting taught how things work whist getting whipped, but I would prefer someone newer to the game. Caveat, I've never done PBEM but am excited to try.

I also love the Decisive Campaigns games and would love to play that as well. I am a bit more versed in these games but not an expert by any means. WITE/WITW is something I own and have messed around on but again, no expert. I also have about 25 other games of varying styles (like RTS) and am always on the hunt for the perfect game.

My favorite TT game is Combat Commander and, I have all the modules including the Vassal setup for it. So, if anyone is looking for a CC partner, give a shout.

Quick background: Former infantryman, USARMY. Old school AH/SPI/Victory Games/etc. gamer from the early 80s to today. We played Squad Leader until the counters fell apart, Panzer Blitz, Afrika Korps, Fortress Europa, Third Reich, etc etc. The only tabletop war game we occasionally play is Combat Commander these days with life getting in the way at every turn, so that is why I am here!

Thanks much,

Jon
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2019, 12:25 AM,
RE: Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
I wouldn't describe myself as a newbie, but if you haven't found an opponent yet I would be happy to give you a game.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
10-10-2019, 03:20 AM,
RE: Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Hello, not a newbie but love RV and will give you a game if you want. Tod K