• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

fire value for mortars
08-27-2021, 05:10 PM,
RE: fire value for mortars
(11-20-2019, 03:03 PM)Strela Wrote: If people would like to download the beta version of the North Africa game exe get it from here; NA 1941 Beta build

Is it possible to have a beta exe for Normandy?

Thanks, it would be interesting to try it on that terrain, different from the bare desert plains
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2021, 10:32 AM,
(08-27-2021, 05:10 PM)javier Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 03:03 PM)Strela Wrote: If people would like to download the beta version of the North Africa game exe get it from here; NA 1941 Beta build

Thanks, it would be interesting to try it on that terrain, different from the bare desert plains

I get the impression over the last 12 months (and lack of responses to questions) that the PB series has well and truly been popped on the back burner in favour of PzC.
09-03-2021, 11:03 AM,
Actually I have some details direct from Davdi to share, regarding mortars and PzB updates. I have had it for a few days but have been buried with some other things like work, in part. I will try to summarize what is shareable later when I am on my computer.
[Image: exercise.png]
09-03-2021, 01:24 PM,
Per David, although it has been awhile, the post from Green is still the current situation. Due to many priorities, the patches for PzB that will include the change for mortars will likely be out around year end, say 4 months.

From myself, rather than David, although mortars don't work correctly against low density targets, the impact is not as great as some other items that are being worked on, which are impacting PzC in particular. Even strictly in PzB terms, the scenarios were all tested with the current mortar issue and personally, I don't think it breaks the scenarios/play, even though I know I mostly focused on smoke with mortars even before this issue was found.

I know there is some work being done to bring in more developers in part to handle work that John may have been doing, but that will take some time to completely pay dividends. Due to work on the next PzB, which includes numerous enhancements as noted by Green back in March, I don't think an interim beta patch for BoN will be available prior to the official patches. I do hope to have 2-3 new large multi day scenarios for North Africa build around the Crusader time frame. One of these, I have already shared here at the Blitz, with the 3rd of the group relying on an enhancement in the patch that isn't available in the NA builds yet, so I don't think it will make it into the patch but I will load to the Blitz when it is ready.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-03-2021, 07:13 PM,
(09-03-2021, 01:24 PM)Ricky B Wrote: thank you, we will wait for december, new options will be welcome

Rick
09-07-2021, 02:24 PM,
(09-03-2021, 10:32 AM)Chris Merchant Wrote:

I get the impression over the last 12 months (and lack of responses to questions) that the PB series has well and truly been popped on the back burner in favour of PzC.

Hey Chris,

Firstly I know what a big supporter of Panzer Battles you have been - thank you.

I can categorically say that this series is not on the back burner, but we do have multiple teams working on Panzer Campaigns and just me on Panzer Battles. I also have a pretty deep involvement on Panzer Campaigns so that has been a time sink that has distracted. That also explains why you have seen so much more on Panzer Campaigns. Combine that with the addition of high resolution graphics in those titles and it feels like Panzer Battles is very quiet.

As Rick said, we are confident that we can get you all an updated version of the released games exes by the end of the year. We have the bulk of the changes working in the current build of Moscow and we plan for them all to come across into the next updates. In addition to the mentioned 'fix' for artillery, there are changes to weather (it is checked every turn, not once a day), dynamic terrain, so if it snows, features such as forest and roads will look snowy, but if the weather clears it changes etc, loss recovery and replacements (same as Panzer Campaigns), inclusion of Alternative Assault Resolution and a range of other tweaks. There will also be some new and revised scenarios.

This release will probably still be marked Beta and we may leave the current game exes in place as we ultimately will have to tweak a range of things to use/balance with the new code changes. Things like weather needs to toned down so you don't get dramatic changes for example. It is cool to see sudden rain storms/sand storms etc in game though.

These games are actually some of JTS best selling so we are super keen to keep building on them and we have a decent pipeline of projects already. Finally, as indicated above we are not ignoring the previously released games and have some big plans coming to fruition for the first game in the series, Kursk. More on that soon.

David
09-08-2021, 03:07 AM,
(09-07-2021, 02:24 PM)Strela Wrote:

Hey Chris,

Firstly I know what a big supporter of Panzer Battles you have been - thank you.

I can categorically say that this series is not on the back burner, but we do have multiple teams working on Panzer Campaigns and just me on Panzer Battles. I also have a pretty deep involvement on Panzer Campaigns so that has been a time sink that has distracted. That also explains why you have seen so much more on Panzer Campaigns. Combine that with the addition of high resolution graphics in those titles and it feels like Panzer Battles is very quiet.

As Rick said, we are confident that we can get you all an updated version of the released games exes by the end of the year. We have the bulk of the changes working in the current build of Moscow and we plan for them all to come across into the next updates. In addition to the mentioned 'fix' for artillery, there are changes to weather (it is checked every turn, not once a day), dynamic terrain, so if it snows, features such as forest and roads will look snowy, but if the weather clears it changes etc, loss recovery and replacements (same as Panzer Campaigns), inclusion of Alternative Assault Resolution and a range of other tweaks. There will also be some new and revised scenarios.

This release will probably still be marked Beta and we may leave the current game exes in place as we ultimately will have to tweak a range of things to use/balance with the new code changes. Things like weather needs to toned down so you don't get dramatic changes for example. It is cool to see sudden rain storms/sand storms etc in game though.

These games are actually some of JTS best selling so we are super keen to keep building on them and we have a decent pipeline of projects already. Finally, as indicated above we are not ignoring the previously released games and have some big plans coming to fruition for the first game in the series, Kursk. More on that soon.

David

Sounds very interesting with all of those up-and-coming changes.

Can't wait!  Thanks! Thumbs Up
09-09-2021, 05:00 PM,
Well David colour me impressed - thanks for the update!  I didn't know Pzb was just you.  That's an enormous effort for sure.
I look forward to any additional development of the games! cheers Chris
09-09-2021, 07:11 PM,
(09-07-2021, 02:24 PM)Strela Wrote:

Hey Chris,

David
09-09-2021, 07:17 PM,
Lonely tanks
The other day I was watching the movie 'A bridge too Far (1977)' about the Market Garden operation, and there is a dialogue between an American and a British officer, in which the English are reproached, the reason why the advance of the armored vehicles is has stopped.

The Englishman responds that he is ordered to wait for the supporting infantry. Without it, he says, the tanks would be easily destroyed.

It would be interesting in the Panzer Battles series, a rule so that in close combat, the defense value of tanks without infantry support would be reduced.

Like hedges make tanks vulnerable in Normandy, tanks without infantry support 'vulnerable' at 1 hex range.

It is a proposal that I make, even knowing that you, Strela, are a very busy man.

Thanks