• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kharkov Grand Campaign HQ issue
08-20-2019, 08:25 PM,
Kharkov Grand Campaign HQ issue
Gents, we're playing this huge 440 turns campaign with me on the Soviet side. Being on turn 22, I didnt have a single HQ being out of command since the first turn, not a single one. Soviets have a great supply in the beginning, but this never happened to me before...Where could be the problem??
Thanks in advance for any help
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2019, 11:44 PM,
RE: Kharkov Grand Campaign HQ issue
(08-20-2019, 08:25 PM)Fhil Wrote: Gents, we're playing this huge 440 turns campaign with me on the Soviet side. Being on turn 22, I didnt have a single HQ being out of command since the first turn, not a single one. Soviets have a great supply in the beginning, but this never happened to me before...Where could be the problem??
Thanks in advance for any help

Fhil,

You had me worried!!!

Yes, it's correct. See the below image;

[Image: Post%2020190820_01.jpg]

Essentially the Russian supply level is set at 100 (versus the German 80) for the first campaign phase. Come the second campaign phase starting on February 20th, the Russian supply level drop by 30% i.e. to 70%.

This is done to both reflect supply stockpiling, Soviet planning and to ensure the Soviets have the capability to be adventurous.

One side effect of 100% supply is that HQ's never go out of command. I probably didn't realise/know that when I set this campaign up back in 2010. It may have been better at 95% with a 25% reduction.

That said, I don't think it is a huge issue and something that helps the Soviets with their generally poor leaders...

David
08-21-2019, 01:09 AM,
Thank you David for your quick response. I know how to handle the scenario editor, would it help to alter the scenario file like you said, changing those two values? Or from the other side, wouldnt it break the game? Of course, I would past the file to my opponent as well....or maybe we can simply test it, I will make a back up copy of the scenadio file, alter it, play my turn send the files to my opponent and we will see.
08-21-2019, 03:08 AM,
(08-21-2019, 01:09 AM)Fhil Wrote: Thank you David for your quick response. I know how to handle the scenario editor, would it help to alter the scenario file like you said, changing those two values? Or from the other side, wouldnt it break the game? Of course, I would past the file to my opponent as well....or maybe we can simply test it, I will make a back up copy of the scenadio file, alter it, play my turn send the files to my opponent and we will see.

I suggest you test it.

That said, I don't think there really is a reason to adjust it. The Russians need all the help they can get early on.

David
08-21-2019, 03:21 AM,
Hi David,

tested, no use in changing that stuff once the game was started. I think that the only thing that doesn´t break the game but also has the effect on already running game when changes is the pdt file.

So, it is now Cesars (Indragnir´s) turn - restart or continue  Helmet Smile

Otherwise, we´re enjoying the scenario greatl  Helmet Wink