• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Seeking Opponent For Mid or Large Scenario - CLOSED - Game Found
08-19-2019, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 08:00 AM by 2-81 Armor.)
Opponent Needed  Seeking Opponent For Mid or Large Scenario - CLOSED - Game Found
Hi All,

I'm seeking an opponent for either a large or mid-sized battle. I'm open to playing either side, and can average a turn every 1-2 days if that's acceptable.

Games I own in the Civil War series are everything with the exception of Ozark.

Caveat: I like to play in a historical fashion, not creating any super sized "blitzkrieg" stacks, or maneuvering like it's the 20th-21st Century with detached brigades all over the map. So, if that's not your style too, I doubt we'd be very compatible.

I'd also like to set up a game where we can use phased defensive fire without multiple by phase email exchanges. Here's a snippet of a prior post in this forum where I was verifying how to do it: PBEM Phased fire: A year ago I was in a PBEM battle (Murfreesboro) where my opponent coached me on how to set up the game so that we could have phased defensive fire in it, but would still be able to exchange emails by Turn rather than by Phases. All I can recall is it had something to do with what combination of options were selected at game start (sort of manipulating the system). It did work, and we were able to fight the entire battle this way with no problems, exchanging entire Turns, not Phases by email. It's about 11 or so Threads down.

Also, if anyone would like to try out the huge Gettysburg scenario that I posted here a few months back, I'd be happy to take you on in that one. You can either download the files needed from the thread, or I can provide then via email.

Thanks for looking, and you can either email or PM me if you want to set something up.

EDIT: Now closed. game and opponent found.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
Quote this message in a reply