• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Port Damage and Soviet surrender question
08-05-2019, 01:19 PM,
Port Damage and Soviet surrender question
Clobbering the crap out of Sebastopol (however you spell it) and the port is at 96% damage, so I figured, 'hey, they will start losing men', but after reading the manual yet again (piece of junk) I believe I am correct that it states that the damage of a port is reduced by 10% for determining supply, and the port has to be below size 1 to not receive supply; thus my 96% becomes 86% which means they get supply, and even at 100% it becomes 90% which is a size 1 port, meaning they STILL get supply.  Correct?  BUT:  do they only get 10% (size 1 port) of their required supply, or do they get full supply?

I have taken Leningrad, Moscow, Kursk and Rostov and am 3 hexes from Baku, manpower is 4.3 million German to 5.1 million Russian (they only have 78,000 of 109,000 trucks) yet the game grinds on.  Now attacking Gorky in the north.  Victory point ratio is 4.7:1 for me, do I have to get to 5:1 to win?  I have noticed that the majority of their divisions now have an attacking strength of 1, so they are starving.

Man WitE is a great game, absolutely love it.  I have no idea how people can say it is a beer and pretzel game requiring no thought.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2019, 10:06 PM,
RE: Port Damage and Soviet surrender question
(08-05-2019, 01:19 PM)Weasel Wrote: Clobbering the crap out of Sebastopol (however you spell it) and the port is at 96% damage, so I figured, 'hey, they will start losing men', but after reading the manual yet again (piece of junk) I believe I am correct that it states that the damage of a port is reduced by 10% for determining supply, and the port has to be below size 1 to not receive supply; thus my 96% becomes 86% which means they get supply, and even at 100% it becomes 90% which is a size 1 port, meaning they STILL get supply.  Correct?  BUT:  do they only get 10% (size 1 port) of their required supply, or do they get full supply?

I have taken Leningrad, Moscow, Kursk and Rostov and am 3 hexes from Baku, manpower is 4.3 million German to 5.1 million Russian (they only have 78,000 of 109,000 trucks) yet the game grinds on.  Now attacking Gorky in the north.  Victory point ratio is 4.7:1 for me, do I have to get to 5:1 to win?  I have noticed that the majority of their divisions now have an attacking strength of 1, so they are starving.

Man WitE is a great game, absolutely love it.  I have no idea how people can say it is a beer and pretzel game requiring no thought.

beachhead supply is always possible
08-12-2019, 01:15 PM,
c_Question Mark  What does it take?
It is now Nov 43, I control every victory objective, have a victory ratio of 5.5:1.  The Soviets only have 600K more men then I do yet the buggers do not surrender.  I am not sure what it takes, but now I am conducting operations to straighten my lines and bag more units, but other then that there is nothing left to achieve.

I read someone else posted that they did all this and the Soviets surrendered in Dec 43, which will be in the next turn or two, if they surrender then I will post but right now I am at a loss as to their stubbornness.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha