• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rookie questions
08-04-2019, 08:14 PM,
Rookie questions
Hi guys, I have a couple of simple questions I hoped someone could help me with.

1. If I have 2 units in a hex, is it better to fire them individually at an adjacent target or together? What's the difference?
2. Is it true that vehicle units benefit from trenches and improved positions, but not bunkers?
3. How do you dig trenches? Does an improved improved position turn into a trench?

Thanks. Apologies for the really lame questions.
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2019, 08:33 PM,
RE: Rookie questions
From what I know:

1. Pro: Everytime you fire and it has an effect it might disrupt the enemy.
Con: Everytime you fire you could get opportunity fire from enemies, causing you more casualites and might disrupt you. If

2. Don't know, should be in the manual but can't check right now.

3. If you are in a IMPROVED position and digging it might become a TRENCH.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
08-05-2019, 07:15 AM,
1) Already answered

2) Yes benefit from IP/Trench but not from Pillbox/bunker

3) Yes an occupied IP becomes a TRENCH (note capitals) after a successful digging in attempt, however a vacated ip will become a full IP and then becomes a TRENCH after successful digging in attempts.

If you read the manual it explains about "vacated" IP and TRENCH hex's.
08-05-2019, 07:46 AM,
Thanks guys.

Just to clarify point 1 - so the effect and damage of two (or more) units firing together is added together? I understand that each firing attempt has the possibility to damage the enemy unit, but I'm just trying to understand when or why you might fire units individually versus in one go.

Cheers.
08-05-2019, 01:24 PM,
Each fire is treated separately. However, the advantage of firing all units in a stack together is the do it before any return fire is received and so no chance of a random disruption to the other units in the stack as an example. The negative is, if playing without hidden disruption, you can't move fire to other enemy units if a single shot disrupts the target and you decide to fire at other units. Personally, I always fire the stack unless I am going to target soft and hard targets with different firing units, as it speeds things up.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-06-2019, 09:18 AM,
Thanks Ricky