• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Weird Glitch
07-28-2019, 11:46 PM,
Weird Glitch
Brothers,

Playing Ed in my scenario "Black Eagle and Barbary Lion" and appear to have run into a weird glitch. Ed sent a Pz IVD into a hex adjacent to a hex that contained a loaded French Laffly W15 that was transporting an APX 47mm AT gun. The loaded transport opened fire on the Pz IV five or six times consecutively until finally it caused a 1-SP loss and the Pz IV to retreat. Ed and I speculated that if the retreat and SP loss hadn't happened, the firing could still be continuing right now.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar in a CS game. I've been playing CS games since 1998 and hadn't seen anything like that until yesterday.

Alex
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2019, 02:18 AM,
RE: Weird Glitch
That's an odd one.

Does the Laffly have a firecost?
Send this user an email
07-29-2019, 05:48 AM,
(07-29-2019, 02:18 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: That's an odd one.

Does the Laffly have a firecost?

Jason,

Interesting in that it doesn't have a fire cost, but has a weapons range. I suspect that this may be the cause of the glitch. Also consider:

1) The vehicle had insufficient APs to fire even once.
2) The vehicle fired five or six times, only stopping after it scored a kill.

Alex
07-29-2019, 06:25 AM,
That's the glitch then, likely. If it has a Soft and Hard attack value, Range, but no Firing Cost, it could have been going at it infinitely...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-29-2019, 06:25 AM,
Yes, that is the glitch indeed.

If it has weapon values (other than 0) then it will fire as long as it wants until a disruption or kill is triggered.
Send this user an email
07-29-2019, 11:44 PM,
I sat and watched it, almost laughing.
What pissed me off the most was the strength point loss of a tank versus a machine gun firing from through the front. Had it not taken the loss and retreated it might just have continued to fire.
And, if it had killed the PzKwIV it might just have started continuously firing at the other units in the hex.

One transport could potentially wipe out an entire armored spearhead.  Helmet Rolleyes

I've already told the local commanders to capture as many of those transports as possible. Whistle

Farmer

HSL