• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Windows 10 Issue
07-26-2019, 02:59 AM,
Windows 10 Issue
This has probably already been addressed before but I can't find it anywhere so here goes.  Just got a new computer with Win 10.  Installed JTCS with patch, so far so good.  But, when clicked on the menu to open West, East, or Rising Sun games, the only thing that happens is a sound emits and then nothing.  Nothing.  Nada.  Nothing.  Anyone with any ideas?  Many thanks.  Thaddeus....ScoutsOut...
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2019, 03:00 AM,
RE: Windows 10 Issue
By the way... I HATE Win 10.....
07-26-2019, 03:57 AM,
Try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...aspx?id=29

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-26-2019, 04:19 AM,
(07-26-2019, 03:57 AM)Scud Wrote: Try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...aspx?id=29

Dave

Thank you kind sir...that seems to have worked, at least for the moment.  Now I need to find Randy's game he created.....again, thanks....
07-27-2019, 08:35 AM,
(07-26-2019, 04:19 AM)ScoutsOut Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 03:57 AM)Scud Wrote: Try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...aspx?id=29

Dave

Thank you kind sir...that seems to have worked, at least for the moment.  Now I need to find Randy's game he created.....again, thanks....

Dave.  did as instructed and all worked well as to the problem stated.  Now, the game will start, I can start a new game.  But when I try to play Randy's game "The Bridges" whom I am playing against with Keith, when the game starts and the replay begins the program immediately crashes and closes.  I have installed Randy's newest version 2.02 with the two patches for the Italian units, I think they are.  But no luck when trying to play the game.  We are at turn 29 right now.  This is a new computer as my old one crashed almost a year ago and just now getting one up and running.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks.....Thad.....
07-27-2019, 01:31 PM,
Thad, sorry, not sure. Everything's in the right folder? map, org, etc? Jason or Petri will probably know. If it were me, I'd uninstall the game, then reinstall it.

All I can tell you is the game works in Windows 10, though it needs the visual c++ files you installed. Maybe it needs those installed first? Not sure, but that's what I'd do, uninstall/reinstall.

Good luck,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-27-2019, 05:36 PM,
Thad, any tips as what happened in the log files?

A crash while loading a game most usually is a missing graphics file. A bitmap of a certain unit, or what not.

Can you point me to Randy's scenario please, I'll see how it works on my W10.
Visit us at CSLegion.com