• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which PzC game to buy?
07-25-2019, 09:24 AM,
RE: Which PzC game to buy?
Go ahead … keep kidding yourself. You can't stop at just one. The rest will begin to call … it's OK, you aren't alone. ;-)
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2019, 05:00 PM,
Great that you got Alamein which is an excellent title, note that in addition to the scenarios you would expect you have also have scenarios covering the hypothetical invasion of Malta and scenarios covering the 1940 period before the Germans arrived when the Italians advanced into Egypt and where then thrown back during operation Compass.  Wink
07-25-2019, 10:42 PM,
(07-25-2019, 08:45 AM)CountryBoy Wrote: I ended up just getting El Alamein at this stage. I realised that buying 5 titles to get the discount would mean I was the proud owner of something like 400 scenarios...probably a little overkill.

El Alamein is a must have ..........for sure........If you need a pbem opponent email me at [email protected]

I think Smolensk is a must have game also.

The campaign scns are really fun to play.
07-26-2019, 05:54 AM,
Thanks guys, will play a bit to learn the rules and will look for a few PBEMs after that.
07-26-2019, 11:13 PM,
Do both. I still think it's better to jump right in and take your lumps and tips from other players than playing the ai. The ai doesn't give you any tips.
07-27-2019, 10:24 PM,
(07-26-2019, 11:13 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Do both.  I still think it's better to jump right in and take your lumps and tips from other players than playing the ai.  The ai doesn't give you any tips.

Gents: Smoke7

Agree 100%!  Smile

Recommend you do NOT play against the AI.

You will develop bad play habits that will return to haunt you  Dead  when you do play against human opponents.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-28-2019, 02:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 02:09 AM by wiggum.)
I see no problem with playing against the AI (besides that there is a nasty bug currently). Not everyone has the stamina to do 3 month PBEM scenarios, some people just want to spent a few hours when they have time to play a few turns.
07-28-2019, 05:19 AM,
Personally I would not discourage anyone from using the AI to get a handle on the game mechanics before launching into a PBEM game, as long as they understand that the AI cannot replicate the skill of a experienced human opponent.  Big Grin
07-28-2019, 08:19 AM,
Certainly understand the AI is not going to be the perfect opponent, but once I'm across the rules and game mechanics, I'll switch across to PBEM.

I did read something in a post which made me wonder - if you start your PBEM turn, can you save your progress partway through your turn and exit the game? If you're playing a large scenario for example and don't have time to move all your units?
07-28-2019, 10:03 AM,
(07-28-2019, 08:19 AM)CountryBoy Wrote: ... if you start your PBEM turn, can you save your progress partway through your turn and exit the game? If you're playing a large scenario for example and don't have time to move all your units?

Sure thing  -in fact you'll find that it is necessary, as I think is the point that you were alluding to.
Send this user an email