• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles Updates
07-16-2019, 12:09 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles Updates
Thanks for making my Monday!
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2019, 02:44 PM,
(07-16-2019, 12:14 AM)All_American Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 10:46 PM)Pinetree Wrote: Can't say I'm a fan of the new selection screen, there's no contrast. There's supposed to be a
shortcut for the legacy screen but I can't find it.

I agree, it's a bummer that legacy screens were removed.

I've found out however that you can still use legacy screens by making a shortcut of the .exe file, going to properties and adding " -d" at the end of the target folder.

It should look like this.

Thanks for that, that's a bit better.

Quote:The legacy short cut is in the windows menu under John Tiller Software. Just copy it onto your desk top and it will work fine. Please note that the legacy screen uses selection screen 16. They have been setup to improve the contrast. If you want the 'blank' legacy screen then just rename or delete selection screen 16.

Finally, the issue you're seeing is because you have a screen resolution of less than 800 vertically. Without the -d flag it will randomly select an image - usually something that doesn't help the contrast as you have shown. We may go and default to a single screen going forward for low resolution screens, but I need to talk to Berto about that.

David

Thanks for the renaming tip, that's much better. There's no legacy shortcut in the menu folder (This is for BoN btw), also there's  a couple of other little things I've noticed. There's no favicon anymore, it's just the generic windows one; and the title screen for BoN doesn't scale for smaller screens so it's cut off at the top and bottom. This has actually been the case since 1.00

[Image: vI8x7Sg.jpg]
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
07-16-2019, 07:29 PM,
(07-16-2019, 02:44 PM)Pinetree Wrote: ...a couple of other little things I've noticed. There's no favicon anymore, it's just the generic windows one

I can also confirm this, it is a minor detail but it's still there. As can be seen here.
07-16-2019, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 11:25 PM by dukemat.)
(07-16-2019, 12:14 AM)All_American Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 10:46 PM)Pinetree Wrote: Can't say I'm a fan of the new selection screen, there's no contrast. There's supposed to be a
shortcut for the legacy screen but I can't find it.

I agree, it's a bummer that legacy screens were removed.

I've found out however that you can still use legacy screens by making a shortcut of the .exe file, going to properties and adding " -d" at the end of the target folder.

It should look like this.
got it ...thanks.....needed a space after "
07-17-2019, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2019, 05:21 AM by wildb. Edit Reason: Added more information )
One of the menu pictures has a German tank that is about to be attacked by a T-Rex. Was that the real Allied secret weapon at Normandy?

The name of the file in the screen directory is:

FileSelDialogBackground3.bmp
07-17-2019, 03:55 PM,
Please add the TAB feature also to Panzer Campaigns with the next updates, its great !
07-17-2019, 07:56 PM,
Airfields are called Wadis or Paddies in the info box.
[Image: wZinFLY.png]

[Image: QPfdN0k.png]
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
07-18-2019, 01:25 PM,
(07-17-2019, 07:56 PM)Pinetree Wrote: Airfields are called Wadis or Paddies in the info box.
[Image: wZinFLY.png]

[Image: QPfdN0k.png]

That is on purpose, in order to get the airfield graphics. I thought I saw something about this in the readme too. But anyway the terrain isn't used otherwise and it allowed David to display the airfields, but there is no way to change the terrain type that displays, at least currently.
[Image: exercise.png]
07-18-2019, 10:40 PM,
The airfield on the top graphic is going up or down hill depending on the direction one is looking. :)
07-26-2019, 09:51 PM,
Great stuff , only got a quick look so far but I'll be able to take the update out for a spin this weekend...

Thanks
Animo Et Fide