• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To all members playing CM scenarios with me
07-05-2019, 01:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2019, 01:33 AM by WhiteWolf65.)
Off Topic  To all members playing CM scenarios with me
Good morning all,

This thread is for all those members that I am currently playing any of the Combat Mission scenarios we have been playing recently. Some of you are aware of what happened to me recently if you are also following my thread on the Battlefront forums.

Around noon of June 14th I had to call 911 because I was extremely short of breath and was having some significant chest pain. I was rushed to the hospital and was admitted. In a nutshell, I was suffering from an acute onset of pulmonary arrest (my oxygen saturations levels had dropped to less than 35%), acute systolic heart failure and SVT (very high heart rate), an acute kidney injury (probably caused by the lack of O2) and possibly suffered a TIA (mild stroke) or some other type of mild brain damage caused by the lack of O2. After waiting some 13 hours in the ER, I was finally moved to a room on a cardiac intensive care unit (CICU). I can only remember snippets of Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. I was discharged from the hospital the following Thursday, June 20. I am now on constant oxygen therapy and will be so for the rest of my life. So that is why I appeared to disappear into thin air.

For those of you that I am playing any Combat Mission scenario with, I will have to forfeit the win to you. I will not be able to play any further scenarios until I have built up my strength and also my concentration levels before I can start any new scenarios. I hate that this has happened but I really have no choice at this point. Fear not, I shall return to the digital battlefield but it may be a while before I do.

I hope all of you are well and if you live in the United States, Happy 4th of July.

**Chris**
To a New Yorker, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers (Oddball).
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2019, 12:31 PM,
RE: To all members playing CM scenarios with me
Hey Chris, though I'm not on the CM forum, I think I can speak for all the Blitz membership in wishing you well and hoping for a speedy recovery. Health trumps gaming, so do what you need to do and come back when your health returns. Hoping to see you back at the club soon.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-12-2019, 08:12 AM,
Indeed all the best with your recovery...….. Wink
11-28-2019, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2019, 12:56 AM by Hedgehog.)
(07-05-2019, 01:19 AM)WhiteWolf65 Wrote: Good morning all,

This thread is for all those members that I am currently playing any of the Combat Mission scenarios we have been playing recently. Some of you are aware of what happened to me recently if you are also following my thread on the Battlefront forums.

Around noon of June 14th I had to call 911 because I was extremely short of breath and was having some significant chest pain. I was rushed to the hospital and was admitted. In a nutshell, I was suffering from an acute onset of pulmonary arrest (my oxygen saturations levels had dropped to less than 35%), acute systolic heart failure and SVT (very high heart rate), an acute kidney injury (probably caused by the lack of O2) and possibly suffered a TIA (mild stroke) or some other type of mild brain damage caused by the lack of O2. After waiting some 13 hours in the ER, I was finally moved to a room on a cardiac intensive care unit (CICU). I can only remember snippets of Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. I was discharged from the hospital the following Thursday, June 20. I am now on constant oxygen therapy and will be so for the rest of my life. So that is why I appeared to disappear into thin air.

For those of you that I am playing any Combat Mission scenario with, I will have to forfeit the win to you. I will not be able to play any further scenarios until I have built up my strength and also my concentration levels before I can start any new scenarios. I hate that this has happened but I really have no choice at this point. Fear not, I shall return to the digital battlefield but it may be a while before I do.

I hope all of you are well and if you live in the United States, Happy 4th of July.

**Chris**
I am not a opponent of yours never the less mate speedy recovery,
Chris stay strong
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
12-09-2019, 01:59 PM,
Please take care and hopefully are doing much better by now. Wish had seen this post earlier, just don't really check them very often.

Had a stroke several years back and a problem ticker, so understand what u were/are going thru.

JS
12-24-2019, 01:59 PM,
Just saw this. Wish you the best and a good recovery.