• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Herkules_Alt scenario - Please remove from game database
07-12-2019, 08:44 AM,
RE: Operation Herkules_Alt scenario - Please remove from game database
(07-11-2019, 09:15 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Hey Ed:  Smoke7

Thank you very much for your detailed response to me!  Smile

It would be helpful if the 0622.01: Operation Herkules_alt scenario description included the text: "Intended for player versus Allied AI only" so players will not mistakenly play it H2H.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/pzc-...io&id=6840

I would be happy to add that to the DB text, but as I don't have this title loaded on my laptop can I just check I have the details correct...…..

0622_1 both stock and _Alt versions are designed to be played human vs AI

0622_1a both stock and _Alt versions are designed to be played H2H

If someone can look at the scenario list and confirm that is correct I will edit the briefings accordingly.  Smile 

Many, many years ago there was a discussion to decide if the human vs AI scenarios should have entries in the DB, it was decided that all the scenarios included in the game might be played H2H and so should be included.  Wink
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2019, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 03:58 AM by Volcano Man.)
Good news is that, out of curiosity, I have started to play the scenario here and there solitaire again. I am exactly at the halfway point (turn 15 of 30). Italians just took Luca Airfield, and the Brits are collapsing now since they can't really defend without being shot to pieces by larger units. My guess is that their only option will be to gradually fall back to the bunkers, where they won't all fit (thousands of men all over the island here), thereby resulting in large losses.

We will see how it goes, but my airborne did take heavy losses in the landing and we will see if those lost VP casualties can be made up for in the second half (its a long way to go). Either way, I do see a couple of minor adjustments that can be made to the _Alt scenario though, so that it good.

More info later when it is complete.
Send this user an email
08-23-2019, 09:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 09:36 PM by Kool Kat.)
(07-13-2019, 03:48 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Good news is that, out of curiosity, I have started to play the scenario here and there solitaire again.  I am exactly at the halfway point (turn 15 of 30). Italians just took Luca Airfield, and the Brits are collapsing now since they can't really defend without being shot to pieces by larger units.  My guess is that their only option will be to gradually fall back to the bunkers, where they won't all fit (thousands of men all over the island here), thereby resulting in large losses.

We will see how it goes, but my airborne did take heavy losses in the landing and we will see if those lost VP casualties can be made up for in the second half (its a long way to go). Either way, I do see a couple of minor adjustments that can be made to the _Alt scenario though, so that it good.

More info later when it is complete.

So... where are you now on this game... and what minor adjustments will you make on it? Idea2

Would like to see closure on this situation.

Thanks!  Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email