• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WitW on sale at steam...but
06-30-2019, 04:46 AM,
WitW on sale at steam...but
Not sure if I am going to buy it.  It is currently 70% off so I have been watching several UT videos, it seems kind of dry to me, no real chance of a loss for the allies unlike WitE.  I remember one person stated they owned both games and hardly ever play WitW, for those that do own both, what is your take on the two?

From what I gather WitW is really more about the air war, while WitE is more about the ground war (I was also surprised to hear several players on the Matrix forum state WitE is a beer and pretzel game, with no tactics required and that TOAW IV was superior). 

Opinions greatly appreciated.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2019, 12:58 AM,
RE: WitW on sale at steam...but
(06-30-2019, 04:46 AM)Weasel Wrote: Not sure if I am going to buy it.  It is currently 70% off so I have been watching several UT videos, it seems kind of dry to me, no real chance of a loss for the allies unlike WitE.  I remember one person stated they owned both games and hardly ever play WitW, for those that do own both, what is your take on the two?

From what I gather WitW is really more about the air war, while WitE is more about the ground war (I was also surprised to hear several players on the Matrix forum state WitE is a beer and pretzel game, with no tactics required and that TOAW IV was superior). 

Opinions greatly appreciated.

I really like WitW!  I'm finding it hard to master as an Allied player because you really do have to manage the air war to advance on the ground. If not then the Germans can hold across Italy and France as my poor record will attest.
07-01-2019, 05:41 AM,
Do you find the combat in WitW swings back and forth like WitE, or is it just a steady push by the allies? That is my main concern, that the allies just overwhelm the Germans. I have also heard (in a UT video) that some of the victory conditions are pretty strange, one fellow said he drove to the gates of Berlin, held many major cities yet the game gave Germany a minor win.

Really not sure. Right now I am playing a modified scenario I created in WitE, took the grand campaign and moved the 2nd Pz Corps to AGS and gave AGC the 6th army in return, took Kiev on turn 3 without a fight but struggling to get to Leningrad in AGN; see this is the stuff I like about WitE, and I just don't know if that sort of thing will happen in WitW.

Cheers.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-01-2019, 10:57 AM,
Decided to skip it, will wait for WitE2.
07-04-2019, 10:27 PM,
Hey thanks Chris, I had it on the wish list and was going to buy today.. maybe, I'll just get civ VI. LOL
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard