• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rail movement not WAD
06-21-2019, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2019, 04:12 AM by Lowlander. Edit Reason: clarifacations )
Rail movement not WAD
The rail mode chain of units proceeds to destination hex but encounters a FIXED unit along their route, at this point , ONLY the leading rail mode unit proceeds to the destination hex. Then I have to manually select and move each of the remaining units OR group of units in each hex, in order to pass thro the fixed unit to the destination.
Also when the leading rail mode unit enters the fixed unit hex, the fixed unit/units change to T-Mode but of course remain fixed.
Problem encountered with France'40 Gold campaign.
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2019, 03:58 AM,
RE: Rail movement not WAD
(06-21-2019, 11:54 PM)Lowlander Wrote: The chain of units proceeds to destination hex but encounters a FIXED unit along their route, at this point , ONLY the leading rail mode unit proceeds to the destination hex. Then I have to manually select and move each of the remaining units OR group of units in each hex, in order to pass thro the fixed unit to the destination.
Also when the leading rail mode unit enters the fixed unit hex, the fixed unit/units change to T-Mode.
Problem encountered with France'40 Gold campaign.

not sure what WAD is but you will encounter this "problem" in all the games in rail or travel mode.  if there are any units along the route that are not part of the unit that is moving you will get stuck behind them.  if they are part of the unit that is moving they will switch to travel mode and start moving with the rest of their unit unless they are in fixed mode at which point they will apparently just switch to travel mode but be unable to move.  at least this has been my experience.
cheers
06-22-2019, 04:08 AM,
RE: Rail movement not WAD
WAD is working as designed.
Should have said the division is in rail mode.