(08-01-2019, 05:53 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
Quote:The issue is the game was designed to be in the 10 to 20 turn range. Not the 40 turn range.
My goodness, I can't believe one of the original designers, D. Bevard, had the gall to make scenarios outside the designed 10-20 turn range.
Good try but no. D. Bevard also knew that the ideal scenario length was 10 to 20 turns.
Let's take a look at his East Front Catalog that I have. I have a 114 scenarios.
10 to 15 turns: 47 (41%)
16 to 20 turns: 49 (43 %)
21 to 25 turns: 10 (9%)
26 + turns: 8 (7%)
So this prolific designer had 84% of his scenarios in the 10 to 20 turn range. Just as the game was designed for. The other 16% could be experimenting.
I suspect that you will get similar numbers out of WF and RS.