• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Gold Leader Mods
04-08-2021, 06:37 AM,
RE: PzC Gold Leader Mods
(04-08-2021, 05:19 AM)The_General Wrote: Good job Green, your mods are the only ones I use for PzC games and they are excellent. I downloaded new versions for Kursk and Budapest  and I think I still prefer unit boxes from version #1 - on my comp they are more colorful. It's a matter of preference and the type of graphics card I think because on another my comp they are not so colorful.
But I have both files in game folders and will use them alternately.
Keep up a good job.

That is really helpful. Thanks.

I was going to delete all the old versions but now I will just leave them in case anyone wants them. In fact I think I will start a new thread as this one is getting too long.

The reason the original versions were so colorful was due to the settings I used on the PC I had at the time. Now they look dreadful to me but this is why I have asking for feedback and why it is great that people have responded. We are all seeing different things.
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2021, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 10:42 PM by Lowlander.)
(04-08-2021, 06:37 AM)Green Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 05:19 AM)The_General Wrote: Good job Green, your mods are the only ones I use for PzC games and they are excellent. I downloaded new versions for Kursk and Budapest  and I think I still prefer unit boxes from version #1 - on my comp they are more colorful. It's a matter of preference and the type of graphics card I think because on another my comp they are not so colorful.
But I have both files in game folders and will use them alternately.
Keep up a good job.

That is really helpful. Thanks.

I was going to delete all the old versions but now I will just leave them in case anyone wants them. In fact I think I will start a new thread as this one is getting too long.

The reason the original versions were so colorful was due to the settings I used on the PC I had at the time. Now they look dreadful to me but this is why I have asking for feedback and why it is great that people have responded. We are all seeing different things.

We spoke about this before " beauty is in the eye of the beholder " we are all unique and special.
On my PC I right click on screen/ in the dialog box I select HP settings / then advanced settings / and select a display mode / I tick gaming mode. Works exceptionally well for me but then I'm different and ain't gett'in any younger.
Just to reiterate I prefer the new art.
04-09-2021, 07:16 PM,
(04-08-2021, 10:41 PM)Lowlander Wrote: We spoke about this before " beauty is in the eye of the beholder " we are all unique and special.
On my PC I right click on screen/ in the dialog box I select HP settings / then advanced settings / and select a display mode / I tick gaming mode. Works exceptionally well for me but then I'm different and ain't gett'in any younger.

Yes, we all have different ideas about what looks good. And the additional problem is that not everyone can get their display settings exactly as they want them. Sounds like you have a technique that works well. But I don't have HP settings, so it is not an option for me. Life would be so much simpler if there one answer for everyone. Or maybe that would just make it boring...
04-09-2021, 08:05 PM,
(04-09-2021, 07:16 PM)Green Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:41 PM)Lowlander Wrote: We spoke about this before " beauty is in the eye of the beholder " we are all unique and special.

Yes, we all have different ideas about what looks good. And the additional problem is that not everyone can get their display settings exactly as they want them. Sounds like you have a technique that works well. But I don't have HP settings, so it is not an option for me. Life would be so much simpler if there one answer for everyone. Or maybe that would just make it boring...

When I refer to " HP settings " that merely indicates the PC manufacturer, so whomsoever wishes to use this option would at this point select their own pc model name.
Using the above option you can select viewing options for reading, photo's night etc.
04-10-2021, 06:44 AM,
(04-09-2021, 08:05 PM)Lowlander Wrote: When I refer to " HP settings " that merely indicates the PC manufacturer, so whomsoever wishes to use this option would at this point select their own pc model name.
Using the above option you can select viewing options for reading, photo's night etc.

Yes, I understand. I just mean that each manufacturer is different and players have different equipment. I am using a desktop PC as opposed to a laptop and it is connected to a TV as opposed to a monitor. It works fine for me but it is not what most players would be doing, so my view of things is slightly different. For example, I have to use the Scaling feature in Windows or the text would be unreadable. As always, I make my life as complex as possible. Smile
04-10-2021, 01:07 PM,
Updates for Korsun '44, Normandy '44, Rzhev '42 and Stalingrad '42

[Image: K44.jpg]

[Image: N44.jpg]

[Image: R42.jpg]

[Image: S42.jpg]

04-10-2021, 10:55 PM,
Very Nice, John.

Thank You!
04-11-2021, 06:10 PM,
Updated Updates!

At the risk of annoying the hell out of those that have downloaded my latest versions, I am going make a change to the unit boxes. Basically I feel the background image needs a little sharpening up as it is not always clear what you are looking at. Once I have these ready I will start a new thread to avoid any confusion.

So, if you have not yet downloaded any of these, I would wait for the new versions which will be ready shortly. They will not be dramatically different but I think the improvement is worth it.
04-13-2021, 11:06 AM,
More on Updated Updates

Here is the dilemma that I am on the horns of...

[Image: comparison.jpg]

This image shows some of the many possible options. The first column is what I originally planned for the 'version 2' updates. The second column is the increased sharpness modification I was intending. The third is a more extreme realism option.

As the background becomes sharper it becomes more interesting and detailed but as a consequence it interferes more with the foreground graphics. Also, the colours gets more washed out, which is either a good or a bad thing depending on your preference.

While I consider how I should proceed, I thought I would share this in case there were any comments.
04-13-2021, 11:28 AM,
Hey John,

You need to ask yourself what would Strela do.  Rolling Eyes

....And Strela would release all 3 versions!   Wink

All 3 look really nice however, I still like the look of the first column, the best.

Thanks