• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Gold Leader Mods
04-02-2021, 11:50 AM,
RE: PzC Gold Leader Mods
(07-03-2020, 11:21 AM)Green Wrote: Normandy '44 - Artwork for 'The Grand Campaign'

[Image: N44GC.jpg]

My Normandy '44 zip has been updated to include the artwork and other files required for 'The Grand Campaign' by Indragnir.

The details of this scenario are here;

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=48617

The 'Artwork - Grand Campaign (6 Jun-19 Aug).zip' download I made available on that thread is for those not wanting to use my Leader Mod. Use the file below if you wish to use my Mod.

Normandy '44 Gold.zip

I have added an additional version of the scenario which I have named '# Grand Campaign (6 Jun-19 Aug) Gold Map'. This uses the standard Normandy map rather than the modified version that the Grand Campaign uses. The maps are identical except for additional location names that were added to the modified version and also differences in the colors associated with terrain elevations. I personally find the standard map more visually appealing, so I added this scenario.    

Also I added a modified version of Jon Sowden's 'BMP Checker' scenario. It basically displays the entire Axis and Allied OOB. My version uses the updated Grand Campaign OOB which does not exactly match the original by Jon Sowden, so it is not perfect. However it still provides a useful overview.
Really enjoying this mod.  Thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2021, 12:57 PM,
Ian/Bigus.

Thanks guys, for your comments. They are really helpful. I felt I was on the right track but it is hard to know. After hours of looking at these damn things you lose the ability to see them objectively and with a fresh eye. And it is very easy to fall into the trap of thinking they look good just because that is what you want to think. So your feedback is very much appreciated.

John
04-02-2021, 01:00 PM,
(04-02-2021, 11:50 AM)stolypin Wrote: Really enjoying this mod.  Thank you.

Good to hear. I did not think anyone was actually using this one. I will put it on the update list.

John
04-02-2021, 01:02 PM,
See.....I told you so, John...they look super good!  Wink    Mex Big Grin
04-02-2021, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 01:27 PM by bigus.)
Where can I get the Normandy Mod?
your link is dead..
04-02-2021, 04:50 PM,
(04-02-2021, 01:22 PM)bigus Wrote: Where can I get the Normandy Mod?
your link is dead..

Link restored. Sorry about that. The updated version should be ready before too long.
04-02-2021, 04:53 PM,
(04-02-2021, 01:02 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: See.....I told you so, John...they look super good!  Wink    Mex Big Grin

As if I would doubt you, Chad! Smile
04-02-2021, 11:38 PM,
Got it,
Thanks Green.
04-05-2021, 12:15 PM,
Updates for Kursk '43, Moscow '42 and Budapest '45

[Image: K43.jpg]

Kusrk '43 done. Revised unit boxes and Soviet portraits in the same manner as Smolensk. Given that the time involved is greater than expected, for the rest of the series I will do the unit boxes first and then update the leader images later. Because of this delay, I have made the older versions available again, in the meantime.

[Image: M42.jpg]

[Image: B45.jpg]

New unit boxes for Budapest '45 and Moscow '42 but the zips include the entire mods and replace the old versions. Even though I have not specifically looked at the leader images for these yet, there are already many new images included. The reason is that when I update a particular leader's image, I do it for all titles at the same time and there is a large overlap between eastern front games in terms of leaders.

There are two downloads for Budapest '45 but one is just the OOB files, for those that want them. The other zip file includes all the necessary images, including those required if you use the altered OOB's. This is easier for me than trying to keep all these images separate. Refer to the Notes file on the first page of this thread for details on the OOB changes, if you do not know what I talking about.

Remember to check that you are extracting everything to the correct folder. I no longer use "Gold" in the title name.

04-08-2021, 05:19 AM,
Good job Green, your mods are the only ones I use for PzC games and they are excellent. I downloaded new versions for Kursk and Budapest  and I think I still prefer unit boxes from version #1 - on my comp they are more colorful. It's a matter of preference and the type of graphics card I think because on another my comp they are not so colorful.
But I have both files in game folders and will use them alternately.
Keep up a good job.