• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Gold Leader Mods
02-16-2021, 02:56 PM,
RE: PzC Gold Leader Mods
Thanks for the feedback, Chad. Part of the problem is that everyone sees something different due to their screen resolution and display settings.

This is what it looks like to me (in full screen) when I am playing the game;

[Image: spotted.jpg]

So everything is quite clear. The indicator that the shows that a unit is spotted is not actually something that my mods change. But I would be interested to know if what you see looks anything like what I am seeing. 

Cheers,
John
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2021, 10:01 AM,
Outstanding work John!

Having said that, it seems there is a problem with the links. Everyone I tried to download said something about the file was in the owners trash. Any idea what's going on?

Regards,
d
03-09-2021, 03:57 PM,
(03-09-2021, 10:01 AM)djm0657 Wrote: Outstanding work John!

Having said that, it seems there is a problem with the links. Everyone I tried to download said something about the file was in the owners trash. Any idea what's going on?

Regards,
d

Thanks and yes I do know what is going on. I am in the process of updating these and wanted to avoid anyone downloading the embarrassing bad current versions. I had hoped that the new versions would be available before anyone noticed that the old ones had gone. My apologies.

If you would rather not wait, email me at [email protected] and let me know which games you are interested in, as I have some beta versions you could try.

It is taking longer than expected as I want to get these looking halfway decent and it is not as easy as it may appear.

Cheers,
John
03-29-2021, 09:31 AM,
Smolensk '41 Mod, Version 2.

New colours for the unit boxes. New images for the bulk of the Soviet leaders as previously many were of very poor quality. Comments would be helpful before I proceed further.

[Image: S41.jpg]

Note that the zip assumes a game directory of Smolensk '41 and not Smolensk '41 Gold, as previously. Make sure you extract the files to the correct folder.

03-30-2021, 03:23 AM,
Hi John,

The unitbox in my opinion is more richer with depth in the colour, just like a vintage whisky, A+.
03-30-2021, 08:09 AM,
(03-30-2021, 03:23 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Hi John,

The unitbox in my opinion is more richer with depth in the colour, just like a vintage whisky, A+.

Thank you, Ian. Spoken like a true Scot. I am wondering if you were not enjoying a wee dram while looking at my unit boxes? Sounds like something I should try. Smile

John
03-31-2021, 01:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 01:41 AM by Compass Rose.)
(03-29-2021, 09:31 AM)Green Wrote: Smolensk '41 Mod, Version 2.

New colours for the unit boxes. New images for the bulk of the Soviet leaders as previously many were of very poor quality. Comments would be helpful before I proceed further.

[Image: S41.jpg]

Note that the zip assumes a game directory of Smolensk '41 and not Smolensk '41 Gold, as previously. Make sure you extract the files to the correct folder.

Hey John,

I just now got a chance to load this baby up and it looks super sweet.

In-game, the new unit box colors look really, really good.  I also like your choice to dull down the background image as it makes the unit images stand out alot more and easier to view and admire!

Hope to see these changes in your other titles as I can't wait to see them with the "new" view, with the different armies.

Keep up the great work, my friend!   Wink
04-01-2021, 06:28 AM,
(03-31-2021, 01:41 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey John,

I just now got a chance to load this baby up and it looks super sweet.

In-game, the new unit box colors look really, really good.  I also like your choice to dull down the background image as it makes the unit images stand out alot more and easier to view and admire!

Hope to see these changes in your other titles as I can't wait to see them with the "new" view, with the different armies.

Keep up the great work, my friend!   Wink

Chad, you are way too kind but thanks.  Smile  

And you make a good point about the background allowing the artwork to stand out. There is a lot going on in the unit box and the background should not be a distraction. That is my goal anyway, but it is hard to achieve.

Cheers,
John
04-01-2021, 08:51 PM,
(03-30-2021, 08:09 AM)Green Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 03:23 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Hi John,

Thank you, Ian. Spoken like a true Scot. I am wondering if you were not enjoying a wee dram while looking at my unit boxes? Sounds like something I should try. Smile

John

As another Scot and also called Ian as well I would recommend a nice rich dark rum called O.V.D. Old Vatted Demerara. Wonderful for cold dark nights. 

Unit boxes look good in the game. The screen shot above doesn't do them justice for some reason? The Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht look similar in your screenshot but when viewed in game are clearly different and stand out well. The Russian brown colour also very nice. 

Very easy to read unit factors on the reverse side as well. 

I haven't looked at Smolensk 41 for a looong time. That's a big map!!!!
04-02-2021, 05:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 05:46 AM by bigus.)
Yes Sir,
I agree with all the comments above.
These are so much easier on the eyes for sure.
I'm looking forward to more.

Well done Green,