• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Gold Leader Mods
10-04-2020, 06:14 PM,
RE: PzC Gold Leader Mods
(10-04-2020, 02:06 PM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 01:55 PM)lezgo killemall Wrote: These are really  nice, surprised it's not stickied.

How do I get these into my game, just overwrite the old ones?

Highly suggest you use JSGME.  That way whenever a new game update is released you can very easily "uninstall" the mod with one click, update the game, and then reactivate the mod, with one click.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65299

Thanks a lot mate, I will give that a go!
cheers
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2020, 06:53 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: PzC Gold Leader Mods
(10-04-2020, 02:06 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: Highly suggest you use JSGME.  That way whenever a new game update is released you can very easily "uninstall" the mod with one click, update the game, and then reactivate the mod, with one click.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65299

Thanks Chad. I did mention JSGME in the installation section of my Notes but neglected to give a link. 

Of course, the only problem is that it makes it way too easy to un-install my mods. That has to be a bad thing!
10-05-2020, 06:59 PM,
(10-04-2020, 01:55 PM)lezgo killemall Wrote: These are really  nice, surprised it's not stickied.

Thanks for your comments. I recommend that you have a look at my Notes (at the start of the download section) as you may find something of interest, depending on which game(s) you intend to mod.

I am not sure what the exact requirements are to make something 'stickied' but I assume popularity is the key. For whatever reason, my mods only appeal to a very small group. Admittedly, as I had no prior modding experience they are amateurish but I still think the concept was a good one. Maybe in the future someone with more talent/experience will be able to create improved versions, perhaps using my mods as a starting point. The real problem they face is the large time commitment involved. But hopefully there is someone out there with fresh ideas who is looking for a challenge.  Smile
10-06-2020, 04:53 AM,
(10-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Green Wrote:

Thanks for your comments. I recommend that you have a look at my Notes (at the start of the download section) as you may find something of interest, depending on which game(s) you intend to mod.

I am not sure what the exact requirements are to make something 'stickied' but I assume popularity is the key. For whatever reason, my mods only appeal to a very small group. Admittedly, as I had no prior modding experience they are amateurish but I still think the concept was a good one. Maybe in the future someone with more talent/experience will be able to create improved versions, perhaps using my mods as a starting point. The real problem they face is the large time commitment involved. But hopefully there is someone out there with fresh ideas who is looking for a challenge.  Smile

Thanks, I had missed the Notes link when i first read through.  Unfortunately JSGME proved to be a bridge to far for my poor computer skills so I will just go with overwriting the old files.
cheers
10-06-2020, 05:49 AM,
It has been years since I used JSGME so I cannot help you with that. But if you have any other problems, let me know.

John
11-26-2020, 07:24 AM,
Scheldt '44

[Image: S44.jpg]

Scheldt '44 gets my standard treatment. The file is in the downloads section at the start of the thread.
11-26-2020, 07:35 AM,
Very nice, my friend.  Thumbs Up
11-26-2020, 10:09 AM,
Thank you, Chad. Your support is always appreciated! Big Grin
02-16-2021, 11:21 AM,
Unit Boxes Version 2

I am planning to redo my unit boxes. Primary this is to get rid of the garish colours and replace them with something more muted and easier on the eye.

Also I want to improve the quality of the background image and make it more distinct but still sufficiently vague so as not to be distracting.

Here are some samples from my first attempt at this.

[Image: version2.jpg]

Any comments? I would like to get them right this time.
02-16-2021, 01:12 PM,
Hey John,

As you already know, I am a big fan of your mods.

After you released your last version, I went through and made the background colors, for every title, all solid with no background image, as that is what I prefer.

With your current color of green, which is displayed when a unit is spotted, it looks good when that box image is "zoomed" in, like how you posted in your last post however, with how small the box actually looks actually in-game, you may want to make it brighter so it can bee seen easier.

This may not make it look as nice, from an "artistic stand point" however, from a practicality standpoint, the brighter color is more "gamer-friendly", for us older guys!   Rolling Eyes   Whistle

Can't wait to see your finished product!

Also, thanks for welcoming feedback!   Thumbs Up