• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should the Nap Series have Hand Painted 3D Maps?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I like the ones for the ACW series and think that they would be an improvement.
27.27%
9 27.27%
No, I would prefer to see better 3D tiles.
15.15%
5 15.15%
Both - hand painted maps and improved 3D tiles.
18.18%
6 18.18%
None - I use the Mods and none of the above interests me.
3.03%
1 3.03%
None - the 3D is not important to me. I only play using the 2D view.
36.36%
12 36.36%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nap Series - Hand Painted Maps
07-20-2019, 05:26 AM,
RE: Nap Series - Hand Painted Maps
(07-20-2019, 05:26 AM)Chosen Man Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 07:41 PM)Chosen Man Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 11:06 PM)Sgt_Rock Wrote: The huge thing about this update is the time spent on the graphics work. As long as it doesn't draw away from other projects being completed I have no objection. If it does .... then to me its counterproductive because a lot of folks already have posted 3D mods for the games which look better than the original graphics. For me ... it would be more cost productive to just buy the Mod from the person that put it out, have that as the default graphics set and move on. DONE!

The new maps cause eye problems for me - its why I like the option to switch back to the old set. I dont use 3D that much but when I do I like a clear image. The new hand painted map graphics remind me of something from the 1990s. See Slitherine/Matrix graphics for the Battle Academy maps to see what I would love for the Nap series. Amazing ground tiles in that game (I worked on their Fortress Metz module for BA).

The new ACW Unit graphics are great. However, there are so many different units in most of the Nap series games that it would take a huge effort to convert them over to the new look. I say go for that over the map update if I had my choice!

I would have much preferred the Units.bmp file from the very beginning to have "the command stand look" like we are used to seeing from our miniatures gaming rather than the upper torso look. Actually it would be great to have an option to have a larger sized Units area so that you could see more of the images too. it would take up more room but it would show off the images more. (See the Armies of RBR or CEF PDF to see what I mean)

Bottom line: that JTS is looking to improve its products that have been out for 20 years is amazing. No other game company does this with their products.
Quote this message in a reply