• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
05-24-2019, 07:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2019, 07:52 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
As expected, the Japanese were hit hard last turn by air strikes and naval bombardment. It was a good start of the day, but unless I can get off the I Corps beaches with my forces largely intact it's meaningless.

I'd guess that about a regiment of the 303rd Division is no longer combat capable.

3rd Marine will assault the hills north of Kushikino and Kukino.

2nd Marine will assault the hills overlooking Nagasato.

[Image: Qui6r5k.jpg]

John is withdrawing the defenders of the area between 1st Cavalry and 43rd Infantry. I'd guess that about a regiment of the 86th Division as well as its Cavalry Regiment are no longer combat capable.

1st Cavalry will move in three directions for the moment.

A weak force will assault the hills in the south that are overlooking the beach. The bulk of the division will assault Kushira.

The remaining units will move north/north-east to meet the 43rd Infantry and clear the beaches the Americal Division will arrive at on X+3.

The 43rd Infantry will establish a defensive position looking north, whilst part of the division will head south-west to clear Dusenberg and Essex beaches.

Arrival locations for follow-up forces are still placed as if 3 divisions land on X-Day, like in the regular Olympic campaign. I Corps HQ arrives at the supply source between Dusenberg Beach and Essex Beach. The corps artillery arrives on the beach 1 hex south of the friendly 50 point objective overlooking Dusenberg beach.

[Image: XXAf1KI.jpg]

Miyazaki Meatgrinder.

The battleship USS California was withdrawn.

John is pulling back some forces facing the 25th Infantry. He still has substantial reserves in the area, hiding out of sight. I'd guess that about a regiment of the 156th Division is no longer combat capable.

The 33rd Infantry is still in a tight spot. The I Corps HQ and corps artillery land at the supply source north of Chrysler Beach. I'm hoping to secure that area so I can safely deploy those units. Otherwise, I'll just let John kill the Corps HQ so it respawns at a more practical location.

Hopefully, I can clear Miyazaki in order to link the beaches and shorten my defensive line.

I'd estimate that about a regiment of the 154th Division is no longer combat capable.

You basically have three options in this area: move the 33rd Infantry to the area held by the 25th Infantry, send the 25th Infantry north to the area held by the 33rd Infantry or leave each division in its sector hoping you can clear it and they can stay alive until the 41st Infantry Division arrives on X+2.

[Image: vd6OOax.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic - by ComradeP - 05-24-2019, 07:50 PM