• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
05-22-2019, 10:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2019, 10:17 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
I'll post an overview of the status for each corps and each division on the 06:00 turn of each day.

I'll show the full status of each infantry regiment broken down by battalion, but not the status of the other units. That would take considerably more time

Some infantry battalions have been moved into hexes with other battalions from the same regiment to quicken the process.

The 41st Infantry Division arrives through a strategy choice, as do some of I Corps' engineer units, which is why they're "not present"

Also note that not all units have landed on a beach yet. 

USMC Tank Battalions consist of 36 regular Shermans and 9 flamethrower Shermans. Army Tank Battalions consist of 45 Shermans and 15 Stuarts.

[Image: 9MqdaFa.jpg]

USMC:

The Marines are mostly in good shape, and the worst hit units will be fine after a few turns of rest. The LVT units did take a beating whilst on the beach due to their low Defense rating, though.

The corps-level LVT's haven't arrived yet.

In each division, 2 regiments have 30 LVT's attached to them. Each regiment has a 4 vehicle Priest company instead of a towed Cannon Company. Marine regiments have no AT guns.

[Image: VbIrv2m.jpg]

[Image: CLyS0cP.jpg]

XI Corps:

The 1st Cavalry Division has a brigade structure. An independent cavalry regiment is assigned to the corps as well, but it hasn't arrived on-map yet.

Both divisions have been resting for most of the night, so they're in good to OK shape. The 1st Cavalry Division units and the 169th Infantry Regiment of the 43rd took some big hits upon landing from the Invasion Loss mechanic, but are otherwise OK.

Infantry regiments have a 6 gun Cannon Company and 8-9 AT guns.

[Image: ph2Ie2L.jpg]

[Image: 3rn6fuv.jpg]

I Corps:

Both divisions are in OK shape, though the 33rd can use some rest. Note that one regiment of each division hasn't arrived on-map yet.

Infantry effectiveness won't decrease that much until unit strength decreases to less than 70% due to the 70% strength=90% effectiveness rule. Until you start taking serious losses, Fatigue is more of a handicap than losses.

The corps has an additional Tank Battalion attached to it.

Divisional artillery and regimental guns are not on-map yet. I was considering if it would be safe to do so or if I'd just lose them.

[Image: hENJXXX.jpg]

[Image: wgPoree.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic - by ComradeP - 05-22-2019, 10:04 PM