• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
05-17-2019, 08:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 06:03 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
The start of turn 7, the first night turn.

The USMC moved forwards again, about half of the forces in the other sectors are resting.

I Corps is already under pressure, though most battleships were available for fire support and mauled two Japanese units in the open.

Helpfully, the third regiment of both the 25th and 33rd Infantry Divisions doesn't land until morning on X+1. I'm not sure if I'll land them, or if I'll postpone their landing until other forces reach Miyazaki after the likely destruction of I Corps.

I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but the naval units are from front row to the rear: destroyers, light/heavy cruisers, battleships.

The brown counters are two Royal Navy battleships: the HMS Howe in Shibushi Bay and the HMS King George V in the Miyazaki sector.

Thus far, the USS Taussig and the USS Indiana have been withdrawn from the USMC sector. The USS Barton has been withdrawn from the Miyazaki sector. Ships have a 2% chance to withdraw each turn starting on the 10:00 turn (turn 3). Japanese coastal artillery knocked out a few destroyer turrets, but no ships were sunk yet.

[Image: H3GfGg1.jpg]

[Image: RtlNPDX.jpg]

[Image: yUQD0OF.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic - by ComradeP - 05-17-2019, 08:05 PM