• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
05-14-2019, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 06:45 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic
The beaches are usually not strongly held and only have a density 1 minefield.

Beach hexes have a 200% terrain fire modifier, so you want to get off the beach ASAP as with alt direct fire and optional direct fire results, losses are scaled by unit size/density so hanging around on the beach with big units means taking serious losses.

40% of the US units will lose strength upon landing due to the Invasion Loss percentage, losing up to 45% of their strength.

I'll post the starting situations of the start of turn 2, 3, 4 and 5 for each sector (after my move and the Japanese response for turns 1,2,3 and 4). Strategy talk will follow, as a lot will depend on how the Japanese respond to my moves.

USMC landing zone:

The 2nd Marine Division (landing on Stutz Beach) and 3rd Marine Division (landing on Winston Beach) initially faces the C quality old-style 303rd Division which means they have an easy landing compared to the other two corps.

9 LVT® units support the landing. They've already been withdrawn in the first screenshot.

Though the landing is easy, they land in an area surrounded by hills. They need to break out of their beachhead as soon as possible, as there are two Japanese divisions further south and one potential reinforcement division that can reinforce the 303rd in the opening days.

[Image: boSlY1l.jpg]

The LVT®'s reduced Shimahira and Minatamachi to rubble. Shimahira was secured.

If you deselect Clear Mines or Rubble, you can assault with engineer units on turn 1. Remember to toggle it back on if it fails to remove the Japanese defender.

[Image: eeM3YsI.jpg]

[Image: 2b0sP6g.jpg]

[Image: qZ86icd.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '45 Historical Plan/Placement Olympic - by ComradeP - 05-14-2019, 06:37 PM