• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphic Bug in Panzer Battles (at least in the Demo)
05-13-2019, 11:00 PM,
Graphic Bug in Panzer Battles (at least in the Demo)
Hi !

There is a graphic bug in the 50% zoom in Panzer Battles, at least in the Demo. This issue is 100% not related to the bitmaps so it has to be something else. I checked the Bitmaps.

See here (50% view zoomed in):
[Image: pyxyFBQ.png]

Can you see the blue rectangles ? They appear on some (not all) hexes but only in the 50% zoom view.
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2019, 02:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 02:18 AM by Strela.)
RE: Graphic Bug in Panzer Battles (at least in the Demo)
(05-13-2019, 11:00 PM)wiggum Wrote: Hi !

There is a graphic bug in the 50% zoom in Panzer Battles, at least in the Demo. This issue is 100% not related to the bitmaps so it has to be something else. I checked the Bitmaps.

See here (50% view zoomed in):
[Image: pyxyFBQ.png]

Can you see the blue rectangles ? They appear on some (not all) hexes but only in the 50% zoom view.

Too funny, I'm fixing this as I speak!
There is revised ground graphics coming with the next round of Panzer Battles updates. Will be posting more on this soon.
David
05-14-2019, 03:27 PM,
But with "ground graphics" do you mean Bitmaps ? Because I checked the normal ground Bitmaps and they all seem fine. I also tried my own mod with redone solid colors and the same but happens in 50% view. Also the color of the blue is different then the "background" blue of the normal ground graphics.
Just interested if I maybe missed something.
Greetings
05-14-2019, 07:55 PM,
(05-14-2019, 03:27 PM)wiggum Wrote: But with "ground graphics" do you mean Bitmaps ? Because I checked the normal ground Bitmaps and they all seem fine. I also tried my own mod with redone solid colors and the same but happens in 50% view. Also the color of the blue is different then the "background" blue of the normal ground graphics.
Greetings

It's in the the Features file I believe.

I can't see it now as I have updated the master build here already.

David
05-14-2019, 08:28 PM,
(05-14-2019, 07:55 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 03:27 PM)wiggum Wrote: But with "ground graphics" do you mean Bitmaps ? Because I checked the normal ground Bitmaps and they all seem fine. I also tried my own mod with redone solid colors and the same but happens in 50% view. Also the color of the blue is different then the "background" blue of the normal ground graphics.
Greetings

David

Makes sense- -as I have noticed that is the way David leaves placeholders on Features files - a dot; looking at the symmetrical nature of this (it'd have helped to add in the hex overlay to prove this as I suspect that would show beyond a shadow of a doubt that these were all in the exact same position in each hex --- meaning there was a dot there for the overlying terrain at that time.

Same thing happened to me and jungle terrain in Japan 45.

My demo has all of the rows for the Features file filled in with graphics... must have been updated for awhile.
Send this user an email
05-14-2019, 11:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 11:59 PM by wiggum.)
(05-14-2019, 07:55 PM)Strela Wrote:
Greetings

David

Could you please check and tell me in which file it was exactly and where it was located (maybe with a screenshot) ? because i cant see anything in the features file either. The color does not even exist in any feature file i have.
What i did notice is that i only appears in the "Europe" and "Russia" Maps but not in the "Pacific" or "Desert" Maps.

Greetings.
05-16-2019, 12:17 AM,
Wiggum,

I'll share the revised graphics with you when they're done. Easier than trying to go back and reinstall files. I'm close to done.

David
05-16-2019, 02:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2019, 02:18 AM by wiggum.)
(05-16-2019, 12:17 AM)Strela Wrote: Wiggum,

I'll share the revised graphics with you when they're done. Easier than trying to go back and reinstall files. I'm close to done.

David

@Strela

i understand this. But as someone who has extensively modded the various JTS games i would like to know where this error is since i really cant see any Bitmap file that shows these blue squares. Since i have modded most of my Panzer Battles graphics, at least features, terrain (normal/soft...) and hexsides im totally puzzeled over this issue since no bitmap shows this. My guess was its a code bug and not a Bitmap Problem.

i cant even install the update since it would override my modded artwork. i will have to manually replace every single bitmap until i see the bug gone. So please tell me what file it was if this is possible at some point. greetings. I really love your work and appreciate it but this bug is driving me crazy since i was 100% sure it cant be a bitmap because the was it appeared and i checked all my bitmaps.
05-16-2019, 03:09 AM,
There is an anomaly in the blue surround in the 2DNormal50.bmp.

Replace the surround and it should work.

David
05-17-2019, 01:06 AM,
(05-16-2019, 03:09 AM)Strela Wrote: There is an anomaly in the blue surround in the 2DNormal50.bmp.

Replace the surround and it should work.

David

Thank you. finally found it. :)