• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alternative & side specific Highlighting
05-04-2019, 08:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 08:30 PM by wiggum.)
Alternative & side specific Highlighting
Just an idea...
I really like it since it is really easy to see and also i can easily distinguish between Axis (bright pink) & Allied (bright green) units.

[Image: dnaNX1W.png]
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2021, 05:32 PM,
RE: Alternative & side specific Highlighting
That would help my old eyes. How do you do it? (PzB & PzC)
08-10-2021, 08:44 PM,
Sorry call me old fashioned but it’s not for me.Still impressive and many will like it.
08-14-2021, 02:17 AM,
Really not my cup of tea.
08-14-2021, 08:34 AM,
(08-10-2021, 05:32 PM)skc007 Wrote: That would help my old eyes. How do you do it? (PzB & PzC)

The way this done is by adding a transparent layer of colour to the relevant counter art on the 2DSymbol files for each nationality. The 2DSymbolsLg.bmp, 2DSymbolsMag.bmp and 2DSymbolsSm.bmp are the files to be altered for PzC. For PzB the 2DSymbols25.bmp, 2DSymbols50.bmp and 2DSymbols100.bmp are the revalant files. The counter art with the highlighting is the one to be changed, assuming that highlighting is all you are concerned with.

You can use different colours for different nationalities but personally I prefer a single colour. For highlighting, I use a yellow stripe across the unit counter. For objective markers I add a yellow stripe on the bottom to make them standout. But obviously the options are limitless. Whatever works for you.

The main thing is that when units are highlighted, you can easily differentiate them from the non-highlighted units. The standard yellow highlighting around the counter edge can be difficult to see sometimes, at least for me.

[Image: highlighting.jpg]

(Note that the original post is over 2 years old and I do not think wiggum is currently an active member.)
08-14-2021, 04:42 PM,
Many thanks for this. I shall keep your notes for when I eventually find the time to do some Modding which I'm keen to do one day. I often struggle to see in these games and often resort to WinKey/+ but can be fiddly.