• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '45 - how is it ?
05-04-2019, 04:57 AM,
c_Question Mark  Japan '45 - how is it ?
Looks like Japan '45 is up on the JTS site.  For those who have purchased - how is it ?  I for one am curious about this title, but unsure ... my knowledge of the Pacific theatre is spotty at best.
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2019, 05:13 AM,
RE: Japan '45 - how is it ?
The product page is there but Rich will finalize the item later when he gets home from work. Then you can purchase the game.

:)
05-04-2019, 05:47 AM,
Ok, i can stop bombing F5  Big Grin2

Na its a joke, i am in a complitated weekend... maybe i delay purchase a little... or i can evade 5 minutes and buy it tomorrow  Rolling Eyes

I have now NOTES in the Kindle and i am going to read a little them in the "Men´s Fortress of solitude"  Whistle
05-04-2019, 09:13 AM,
As a playtester I think a lot of people will be surprised on how tough the Japanese will be fighting on the home island prepare yourself for the casualties you will take getting off the beaches.
05-04-2019, 01:45 PM,
As a playtester I'll echo what Dennis has said.  The army will find it a real bitch to get off their beaches.  That Japanese artillery will slap you silly and take your lunch money if you don't get off those beach hexes in a hurry and in getting off those beach hexes in a hurry is pretty difficult.
05-04-2019, 01:56 PM,
That really shouldn't be a surprise, given what we know about the casualties the U.S. War Department was projecting. Nothing short of hideous. I used to work with a guy whose father survived the Battle of the Bulge and the end of the war in Europe, and whose outfit was in transit to the Pacific when the Japanese surrendered. He said he'd pretty much resigned himself to dying, and he figured the surrender saved his life.