• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: April 2019 - Pairings
04-16-2019, 12:46 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: April 2019 - Pairings
(04-16-2019, 12:09 AM)ChappyCanuck Wrote: Raz/Canadian cat:    We may want to try another battle instead of the CMBN battle "Betuwe on Fire".  Stonecutter and I have discovered that neither side has setup zones in this battle. Because of this, two things are a problem:

1.  The German 88 and the other flak guns are almost useless where they are currently deployed

2.  with the attacker having the opening barrage option, he is fully aware of the total German defender layout and can neutralize German assets immediately

Just some thoughts

As ChappyCanuck and I have discussed, this is a weird setup as I think this is the only battle I have ever fought where 99% of my force was completely fixed in place. Fortunately, my opponent was sporting enough not to alpha strike me on turn 1 Big Grin  I would recommend anyone playing as the Allied player avoid any indirect arty until at least five minutes in and also not look at the Axis layout before or during the battle in order to maintain some fog of war.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenario of the Month: April 2019 - Pairings - by Stonecutter - 04-16-2019, 12:46 AM