• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: April 2019 - Pairings
04-15-2019, 03:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2021, 12:05 AM by A Canadian Cat.)
Scenario of the Month: April 2019 - Pairings
Gentlemen,

Below are the pairings for the Scenario of the Month: April 2019

A quick remainder about the workflow:

The allied / blue  player is the one who will start the setup and send the first turn to his axis / red opponent.  The games are to be played using 'Iron' as skill level, unless otherwise agreed.  The game will count as an on-ladder game and will be reported just like a regular game unless you otherwise agree with your opponent.

Please don't forget when your game as started to post here, so we can keep track on the games which are in-progress.

Reminder we expect that these games are played using the latest version of both games.

CMBN: MG Betuwe on Fire

Allies - Axis

Captain Al - raz_atoth
Mr Yormsha - Hussar_63
ChappyCanuck - a1steaks
Manzcaser - Panzer Lehr
mirekm61 - Stonecutter
Smike2685 - zinzan1963
Expecting_at_crossroad - weapon2010 [FINISHED]

CMFB: To Verdenne and Victory!

Allies - Axis

mirekm61 - weapon2010 [FINISHED]
A Canadian Cat - a1steaks [FINISHED]
Panzer Lehr - zinzan1963 [FINISHED]

CMBS: Objective Delta

Blue - Red

A Canadian Cat - raz_atoth

You can contact your opponent by going to his profile and either sending him a private message or emailing him using the site's interface.

Good luck to everyone.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2019, 06:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2019, 06:13 AM by Stonecutter.)
RE: Scenario of the Month: April 2019 - Pairings
Mirek and I have exchanged first turns in Betuwe on Fire!
04-16-2019, 12:09 AM,
Raz/Canadian cat:    We may want to try another battle instead of the CMBN battle "Betuwe on Fire".  Stonecutter and I have discovered that neither side has setup zones in this battle. Because of this, two things are a problem:

1.  The German 88 and the other flak guns are almost useless where they are currently deployed

2.  with the attacker having the opening barrage option, he is fully aware of the total German defender layout and can neutralize German assets immediately

Just some thoughts
04-16-2019, 12:46 AM,
(04-16-2019, 12:09 AM)ChappyCanuck Wrote: Raz/Canadian cat:    We may want to try another battle instead of the CMBN battle "Betuwe on Fire".  Stonecutter and I have discovered that neither side has setup zones in this battle. Because of this, two things are a problem:

1.  The German 88 and the other flak guns are almost useless where they are currently deployed

2.  with the attacker having the opening barrage option, he is fully aware of the total German defender layout and can neutralize German assets immediately

Just some thoughts

As ChappyCanuck and I have discussed, this is a weird setup as I think this is the only battle I have ever fought where 99% of my force was completely fixed in place. Fortunately, my opponent was sporting enough not to alpha strike me on turn 1 Big Grin  I would recommend anyone playing as the Allied player avoid any indirect arty until at least five minutes in and also not look at the Axis layout before or during the battle in order to maintain some fog of war.
04-16-2019, 03:30 AM,
Hi,

CMBN: MG Betuwe on Fire... Dropbox invite sent to Panzer Lehr.

Greetings.
[Image: cm_firm.png]
04-16-2019, 02:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 02:25 PM by Panzer Lehr.)

DB invite sent to zinzan1963
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
04-17-2019, 02:52 AM,
(04-16-2019, 02:25 PM)Panzer Lehr Wrote: CMFB: To Verdenne and Victory!

DB invite sent to zinzan1963

received, will return soonish - soirry bad couple days at work
"But I don't want to see CM's code or any games code. That is like seeing your spouse and your love as hormones and neurons firing in various lobes on PET scans. Some things should just be enjoyed for what they are; and not analyzed any further.
04-17-2019, 05:58 AM,
CMBN: MG Betuwe on Fire
Allies - Axis
Expecting_at_crossroad - weapon2010

Game started.
04-21-2019, 11:26 PM,
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/combat...e-on-fire/

This listed as A SCENARIO VS AI ONLY (Best as Allies vs AI but can be played as Axis vs AI too)... it will be interesting to see if it also proves to be H2H worthy!
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
04-23-2019, 12:18 AM,
A Canadian Cat - a1steaks

CMBS: Objective Delta
A Canadian Cat - raz_atoth

Are both under way...
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)