• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No kills?
03-21-2019, 09:59 AM,
No kills?
Newbie here. I am playing the demo at the moment anf I have a question. Are there no kills? The game only shows pinned, demoralized and disrupted?
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2019, 10:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 10:37 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: No kills?
Killed and wounded infantry units are not shown on the map.

Vehicles can be labeled as "immobile" or "wreck" and are shown on the map.

Also, the game considers kills and wounded as "Losses" in the "Victory Dialog Box"; there is no separate distinction between them.
03-22-2019, 01:02 AM,
If the targeted units are in a terrain such that they are concealed/ semi-concealed, then you will not 'see' any casualties. If the targeted unit is in clear terrain, then a number should briefly show over the targeted unit giving the number of casualties. Experience shows that this is typically a 0, 1, or 2, very rarely more (except, I hear in First World War).

So if your targeted unit is in a woods hex or building hex, for example, it may actually be taking losses, but you won't 'see' the losses. You do, however, ALWAYS see if a unit becomes "D" or "P" - - (do NOT ask me to explain the rationale! I'm just telling you how it is!)

If the target goes "D" or "P" then chances are you did cause a casualty.

Hope this helps!

Steve

PS let me or someone else know when you are ready for a PBEM game - - unfortunately, Tiller AI is notoriously inept!
03-24-2019, 02:48 AM,
(03-22-2019, 01:02 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: So if your targeted unit is in a woods hex or building hex, for example, it may actually be taking losses, but you won't 'see' the losses.  You do, however, ALWAYS see if a unit becomes "D" or "P" - - (do NOT ask me to explain the rationale! I'm just telling you how it is!)

Sometimes if a target is in a covered hex, you can determine that it has taken casualties. Discarded/dropped weapons will show up to the left of the unit on the hex display. You won't know how many casualties have been taken, but you can see that there are some hits on the target based on how many discarded weapon types you see. Also, if there is a LMG or HMG on the ground, that can be some valuable intel for friendly units.
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949