• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another Four Panzer Campaigns go Gold!
02-19-2019, 01:41 AM,
RE: Another Four Panzer Campaigns go Gold!
Great news. Thank you JTS & WDS. Time for me to get familiar with the Italian campaigns.
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2019, 04:59 AM,
Thank you again David! Kudos to you and the JTS/WDS team!
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
02-19-2019, 06:51 AM,
Great work by the team, well done!!  Wink
02-20-2019, 12:02 AM,
Gents:  Smoke7

Oh boy!  Big Grin

The first PzC game I purchased was Sicily '43... and it has now gone Gold!  Yikes Thumbs Up

Looks like I may have to "fire up" some Sicily '43 PBeM action shortly!   Wink  Big Grin

Many thanks to the WDS Dev Team for all your work! Thank you 3
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-20-2019, 03:56 AM,
Great job, maybe i expected some extra love to Sealion40 ala France40 but...

I am curious if after complete last 3 PzC goldifications (Africa trilogy) you are going to focus in a new title or you are going to made gold other Tiller serie... i still remember the modern brother of PzB linked with MC serie... for example.
02-20-2019, 05:12 AM,
The only ones left are Tobruk 41, Tunisia 43, and El Alamein - I wonder if they are next for Gold treatment ?
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." Dwight D. Eisenhower
02-20-2019, 06:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2019, 06:25 AM by Xaver.)
I imagine they want first finish the PzC serie, this is why i wait next release from WDS be the Africa titles gold version.... unless the mysterious title under Volcanoman test is more soon than the "soon soon" he said, you know the "soon soon" of one man is the OMG RR MARTIN RELEASE THE WINDS OF WINTER EDITED!!!!!  of another man Big Grin

I admit that gold versions are a great boost to vainilla titles but not all gold versions are the same, France40 made a great ttitle an even more great one, updates in OOB are a good add and new scens made it even more perfect, here some similar in lets say.... Middle east with an update OOB (the use of M48s in Jordanian army in six days war instead M47 hurt a lot LOL) could help the serie apart maybe port some mods to a full title (i remember a Korea war scen or the Volcanoman chinese add in 85 title for example).

EDIT: i dont remember ask this... is any option to see the only full mod in PzC serie update to Gold standard??? i refer to Jarama37 and made it works with the last engine version... i know we are not going to see a Spanish civil war title (or titles) in a mixed version of FWWC engine + PzC unit stats (i refer using a less carnage orientated stats in OOB with that low defensive values for units) but if at least the mod works with all the new engine improvements...
02-20-2019, 06:36 AM,
As always, great job to the team! So many titles...so little time!!
02-21-2019, 06:38 AM,
David, I had Sicily '43 on an XP machine. As I understand it, the Gold version will not run on an XP. So I downloaded the Sicily '43 Gold update on my Windows 10 machine.

Problem is, when I try to load a scenario, I get an error message, I think it says error reading (opening?) program file. I can't remember exactly what the error was, I'm not at my home computer right now.

Any suggestions, or has anyone else had difficulty running the update? Should I move this problem over to the technical support thread? I contacted JTS support last night, but no reply yet.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
02-21-2019, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2019, 06:56 AM by Xaver.)
Thats very strange... i installed gold patches in Win10 without problems and i was using old install folders i move in a external HD (even i had some in a pen-drive).

Can you try copy paste the game folder (non gold version) from XP machine to Win10 machine and instead install in Win10 the patch simple unzip it and copy paste over the game Win 10 folder???

But the support from JTS is very good i imagine they can find a solution for your problem.