• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How is Bulge '44 Gold ?
02-07-2019, 04:40 AM,
c_Question Mark  How is Bulge '44 Gold ?
Looking for feedback from any guys who own the current version of Bulge '44 Gold ... thinking seriously of buying
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2019, 05:15 AM,
RE: How is Bulge '44 Gold ?
If you own any other PzC titles, you already know that these games are very addicting and enjoyable to play especially in PBEM.

If you have a interest in the Battle of the Bulge, then this title is a must-have.

http://johntillersoftware.com/PanzerCamp...lge44.html

There is even a MapMod for it, courtesy of Jison.

http://www.mapmod.se/bulge44.htm
02-07-2019, 05:25 AM,
I have only played a couple scenarios in Bulge '44 Gold, but I have owned the JTS mobile APP Bulge '44 for years. That being said, I think that the TOC treatments of the Bulge are some of the best in wargaming. The road stacking limits and slow off road movement in the snow and mud give a real feel of the Ardennes campaign. Traffic jam occur naturally in the restricted terrain, so there is a lot of flavor for the battle without any special rule add ons.

If you haven't guessed it, I'm a real Bulgenard!

If you make the purchase, PM me and we'll set up a scenario.
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
02-07-2019, 06:21 AM,
(02-07-2019, 05:25 AM)MikeC Wrote: I have only played a couple scenarios in Bulge '44 Gold, but I have owned the JTS mobile APP Bulge '44 for years. That being said, I think that the TOC treatments of the Bulge are some of the best in wargaming. The road stacking limits and slow off road movement in the snow and mud give a real feel of the Ardennes campaign. Traffic jam occur naturally in the restricted terrain, so there is a lot of flavor for the battle without any special rule add ons.

If you haven't guessed it, I'm a real Bulgenard!

If you make the purchase, PM me and we'll set up a scenario.

Thanks for the offer, Mike, I will certainly keep it in mind ! :)

I too am a complete Bulgenard.  It, all aspects of the battle, have always fascinated me !  There were so many variables at play, I really am curious about the new campaign game that is included.  I wonder how it would play out, and am wondering if there are variants.
02-07-2019, 06:54 AM,
I've always loved and played Bulge games thru different vendors, but the Gold edition is by far the finest, especially the new Prucha scenario played with the suggested rules-I'm playing the Allies and for the first time ever I'm biting my nails trying to figure out how to win this one! It really recreates the prickly first few days of the offensive for the Allies!
02-08-2019, 08:50 AM,
(02-07-2019, 06:54 AM)larsonney Wrote: I've always loved and played Bulge games thru different vendors, but the Gold edition is by far the finest, especially the new Prucha scenario played with the suggested rules-I'm playing the Allies and for the first time ever I'm biting my nails trying to figure out how to win this one! It really recreates the prickly first few days of the offensive for the Allies!

I think you mean Brian Jennings scenario #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel). I can't see any Prucha scenarios in the Gold edition?

[Image: 2019-02-07_18h47_50.png]

Brian needed a playtester back in 2014 and I played him for about 6 months testing it. Well I let him destroy me a few times playing the Americans. We didn't get far into the scenario before restarting it a few times since he kept tweaking the game. 

Yes it is hard but that was the non Gold edition. I don't think the changes in Gold will have made it any easier to play apart from the way fatigue is calculated when combining units.