• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who's Playing What?
05-09-2020, 11:08 AM,
RE: Who's Playing What?
Thanks,

I'm surprised I never delved into this series 10 years ago. War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition really chewed up a lot of time. This looks like it will also chew up time. But one needs a good hobby up here when it -30 to -35F, -70F+ wind chills in winter. Not much better now. Only in the 40's for highs, 20's for lows at night and snow moving in tomorrow. RATS! It should be in the low to mid-70's by now. The solar shovel is going to have to take care of the white crap this weekend. I am done with shoveling for the season. Mean while just kick back up in the en end enjoy my new found gems. I think I maybe getting another title this evening.
We have been practicing social distancing here as long as I can remember. It is called winter. Stay in place. We call that a blizzard. Lol
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2020, 11:31 AM,
Thanks,

I'm surprised I never delved into this series 10 years ago. War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition really chewed up a lot of time. This looks like it will also chew up time. But one needs a good hobby up here when it -30 to -35F, -70F+ wind chills in winter. Not much better now. Only in the 40's for highs, 20's for lows at night and snow moving in tomorrow. RATS! It should be in the low to mid-70's by now. The solar shovel is going to have to take care of the white crap this weekend. I am done with shoveling for the season. Mean while just kick back up in the en end enjoy my new found gems. I think I maybe getting another title this evening.
We have been practicing social distancing here as long as I can remember. It is called winter. Stay in place. We call that a blizzard. Lol
05-09-2020, 11:33 AM,
And as they say in the WitP-AE Thread forum.......INP. :-)
05-09-2020, 07:40 PM,
Currently ongoing matches are:
Market-Garden 44: the Njimega scenario as German
Stalingrad 42: the northern Pincer scenario, as Axis
Tobruk 41: Operation Battleaxe as Italian :-)
All of them ladder games.
I'm playing the evil guy too much, the good thing is that I loose most of the times :-)))

Serbia 14: the 1st Invasion Campaign as Austria-Hungary
East Prussia 14: Gumbinnen to Tannenberg scenario as Russian
These two with the same opponent not from this forum.
05-10-2020, 06:42 AM,
(05-09-2020, 07:40 PM)Andrea G Wrote: Serbia 14: the 1st Invasion Campaign as Austria-Hungary

Why don't you ask him to register with us so you can report these games?  Smile
05-10-2020, 08:24 PM,
(05-10-2020, 06:42 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 07:40 PM)Andrea G Wrote: Serbia 14: the 1st Invasion Campaign as Austria-Hungary

Why don't you ask him to register with us so you can report these games?  Smile

Already done  Big Grin
05-15-2020, 06:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2020, 06:47 PM by Mowgli.)
I have two team-PBEMs running right now, one for France 1940 (Sedan, 2 vs 3), one for Serbia 1914 (battle at mount Cer, 2 vs 2). It's a small group of players based on a german wargaming discord server. Most of them are quite new to John Tiller games. :) I've done my best to give them an easy introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5FRgFWl...wSjDKL8VfG
05-15-2020, 10:26 PM,
For me, this is probably the first time of playing only non-panzer Campaigns after recently finishing the Stalingrad ´42´s Breakout of Group Zhuravlev.

So currently I´m playing the following:

PzB North Africa 1941:

Gabr Saleh - not sure about the exact name right now, but it´s a second scenario in that area of Gabr Saleh during Operation Crusader.
We´re playing all the scenarios with variable victory points from this title in chronological order with Outlaw Josey Wales, beginning sometime right after the release. (We´ve skipped the Crete scenarios though, concentrating on the desert only). I´m playing the Axis forces.

Crete First Wave Extended - Against Witblitz, me playing the Germans. Very enjoyable scenario! Planning to continue with all the rets of the Crete scenarios.

Serbia ´14:

I am new to the FWWC with this purchase and I must say again that I´m really impressed by the game and the whole system of FWWC. So after studying all the documentation and articles and playing through the Getting Started scenario, I´ve immediatelly jumper into the PBEM covering smaller scenarios from the first invasion:

Sabac, Mount Cer - two scenarios against ComradeP with me taking the Serbs.
Bandits of Montenegro -  as Montenegro army against Partizanka

Also got one more opponent waiting on the line, need to pick up another scenario as I don´t like playing the same scenario simultanieously on both sides.

As you can see, I like to play in some order first before switching sides.
I used also to focus on big campaign games in PzC before, but with the FWWC I have to gain some experience fisrt before going into those bigger ones  Helmet Smile
05-16-2020, 04:41 AM,
(05-15-2020, 10:26 PM)Fhil Wrote: I used also to focus on big campaign games in PzC before, but with the FWWC I have to gain some experience fisrt before going into those bigger ones  Helmet Smile

Very sensible approach...…….. Wink